Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2014 2:26:56 AM EDT
It's the Saturday before Easter, April 19.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's the Saturday before Easter, April 19.
View Quote

Yes, it is!

I'm bloody stoked about it, too!

Long live FoCP/ORPA!
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#2]
What about the rifle?
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about the rifle?
View Quote

Fall.

ORPA should be running both on Labor Day weekend.

ETA - Snowflake Shoot (rifle) is Nov 8 this year.

EETA - ORPA IS running both a rifle and pistol popup shoot on Labor Day weekend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm about 45 minutes from there,    I'm very interested in what goes on there.  Is it open to the public?

ETA: found this, looks like a fun time.
Youtube
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 5:08:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm about 45 minutes from there,    I'm very interested in what goes on there.  Is it open to the public?

Youtube
View Quote

Yes, open to the public.  You show up and join the Friends of Camp Perry and then pay a few bucks per relay.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, open to the public.  You show up and join the Friends of Camp Perry and then pay a few bucks per relay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube

Relay, does that mean it can be a team event?

Either way, I think I may be in to do this.

Event flyer
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Youtube
View Quote

Absolutely! It is for the public!

Come on out, it's a fun time!
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Event flyer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube

Event flyer

Nah, it's an individual event. Only one shooter per position per relay.

You can bring a team, though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube

Event flyer

It's not really a competition and I'm not so sure the reactive targets score hits correctly anyway.  But it's fun and a chance to use your pistol in a different than normal way.

JUST FYI - for those who don't know - each relay presents 40 targets so you need to be able to shoot, at the least, 40 rounds relatively quickly.  So, make sure you bring enough magazines for your chosen gun.  That said, you can also shoot different guns in a single relay.  Rumor has it there's a guy who shows up in a cowboy duster, lays a variety of black-powder revolvers on the table in front of him, and hits 40 targets in a row .
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I will so be there!  Did this for the first time a few years ago with my EDC Glock 19 and scored 33 and then a 34.  Was stoked for it last year then they got canceled.  Very excited that it is back now!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's not really a competition and I'm not so sure the reactive targets score hits correctly anyway.  But it's fun and a chance to use your pistol in a different than normal way.

JUST FYI - for those who don't know - each relay presents 40 targets so you need to be able to shoot, at the least, 40 rounds relatively quickly.  So, make sure you bring enough magazines for your chosen gun.  That said, you can also shoot different guns in a single relay.  Rumor has it there's a guy who shows up in a cowboy duster, lays a variety of black-powder revolvers on the table in front of him, and hits 40 targets in a row .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube

Event flyer

He's one of the guys who works the range during the shoot. They get to shoot first as a park of working the shoot. He's a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Note that you can shoot more than 40 rounds. I usually send another shot at any that do not drop after the first. I'd be prepared to shoot an extra mag or so, just to be sure.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump.  Just two weeks away!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#15]
this sounds pretty fun, and would be a great way to see camp perry, I'll have to see if I can get the time off.  I'm about 3 hours away but really how often does an opportunity like this present itself
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
this sounds pretty fun, and would be a great way to see camp perry, I'll have to see if I can get the time off.  I'm about 3 hours away but really how often does an opportunity like this present itself
View Quote

Couple / few times a year actually.  You know, you can just show up at the National Matches and shoot?  I do the President's 100 pistol match every year just to be a part of it.  There's also the Small Arms Firing School; both rifle and pistol.  Come on up, it's worth it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I haven't been to Camp Perry since it did the rifle SAFS a few years ago. It is super fun and you get to shoot an off the rack M16 (mine was FN built) with the auto selector blocked. The inherent accuracy of that weaspon sold me on the AR15 platform. I was smacking the ten ring every time from 300 years using surplus ammo.

I think I will make the trip for the pop ups this year. I have a couple of new HKs I would like to try out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know, you can just show up at the National Matches and shoot?
View Quote

Didn't know that.  Good thing I tuned in today, learned something new.  And yeah just to be a part of it sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Tomorrow, boys!

Gettin' all "Chris Mathews" style tingly now!  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#20]
My 11 year old daughter shot for the first time today.

(At an organized shoot)

She got a 17, which isn't so bad, considering.  She had quite the cheering section going on behind her by the time she got shooting, I hear

I shot my second 40/40.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My 11 year old daughter shot for the first time today.

(At an organized shoot)

She got a 17, which isn't so bad, considering.  She had quite the cheering section going on behind her by the time she got shooting, I hear

I shot my second 40/40.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

You had a better day than me

But it was fun.  Also checked out the addition on the air rifle range and got to watch some competition there for the first time.  That is a NICE facility!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You had a better day than me

But it was fun.  Also checked out the addition on the air rifle range and got to watch some competition there for the first time.  That is a NICE facility!
View Quote

I would have LOVED to check that out, but we had a soccer game to get to, so I'll have to check back some other time.

I DID run into the CMP quickly and I'm sorry I did. They have racks and racks of M1Ds and M1Cs, none with scopes, and all priced accordingly. Not a single "regular" Garand to be seen.

That kinda bummed me out.

Can't wait for the ORPA shoots on Labor Day WE.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top