Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/25/2014 2:01:19 AM EDT
Anyone going?  I just got my ticket and looking to meet up if anyone is. 3 Day field access.

Also, if you have been before, what should I expect. Find a hotel, find a campsite, sleep in my car, cooler full of drink?? This is my first year going.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
My two favorite bands will be there, but I don't want to go. I I knew Motörhead and slayer were playing back to back on friday I'd go and sell my ticket as I was leaving. I wish they'd play somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure we're going.  Still waiting to hear back if I need to order more tickets or if my buddy got all we need.  

Never been, should be fun tho.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I really wanted to go, but now that they've announced, I'm not a huge fan of the line-up. I think I counted four or five bands on the bill I'd even be interested in seeing. Maybe next year I guess.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about snapping up a ticket, but am going to wait to see if I can get a deal by buying it just before the event. The line-up is weird and inconsistent; anyone who's into a particular genre or subgenre will find a couple bands worth seeing, but not enough to warrant buying a pass. (Personally, Slayer, Motorhead, Kvelertak, Gojira, Exodus...that would be glorious. Kid Rock, GnR, etc.? No. No thanks. Ew.)
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Trivium, A7X, Killswitch are three of my most listened to bands.  GNR and Kid Rock (Saw him in 09 while deployed) are just bonuses
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Slayer, Mastodon & Gojira would have been a great evening, not so much when they're spread out over the entire weekend.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Expect $6 beers, mile long lines for anything, and sweating your balls off.

I think they only have RV camping so a hotel might be your best bet. There are quite a few within a few miles, but if you find a nicer one you might want to get it reserved ASAP.

Get there early to avoid the huge rush and set up shop in the parking lot until you're ready to go in. You'll meet some of the best people in the parking lot before a concert.

I'm still on the fence about going. It's a typical festival lineup where there's just a few gems scattered throughout the weekend. Down will most likely be the best 30 minutes of the entire weekend. If there's someone there you really want to see just keep checking their tour dates as they will usually have dates scheduled in the area before/after the festival.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Expect $6 beers, mile long lines for anything, and sweating your balls off.

I think they only have RV camping so a hotel might be your best bet. There are quite a few within a few miles, but if you find a nicer one you might want to get it reserved ASAP.

Get there early to avoid the huge rush and set up shop in the parking lot until you're ready to go in. You'll meet some of the best people in the parking lot before a concert.

I'm still on the fence about going. It's a typical festival lineup where there's just a few gems scattered throughout the weekend. Down will most likely be the best 30 minutes of the entire weekend. If there's someone there you really want to see just keep checking their tour dates as they will usually have dates scheduled in the area before/after the festival.
View Quote

I already have tickets. Plus, its a chance to see some of my favorite bands all in one weekend, as long as they don't overlap each other I should be fine. An old Army buddy lives 5 minutes from the stadium so he said I could crash there. During the day if I am not interested in any of the lineups, its Columbus! I can always find some things to do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]
We went last year, going again this year.  It was a great time, very well done by the event staff.  Not the typical cluster-fuckery that has come to be associated with music festivals.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my ticket in the mail the other day... im going with several friends and having some friends out of town that are coming in.. so look me up
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#13]
We got our tickets.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I got my ticket in the mail the other day... im going with several friends and having some friends out of town that are coming in.. so look me up
View Quote
Are you going for all 3 days?

Link Posted: 2/20/2014 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I plan on going all 3 days
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 3:51:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same as i
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same as i
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same as i

+6 or 7, I'm losing count on who all is going in our group.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#18]
ARFCOM meetup to rock out!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#19]
If anyone is still looking for a 3 day pass let me know...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I just realized this the same weekend as the WV/VA backpacking trip.  

As much as I wanted to make that trip, I already spent th $$ on this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#21]
still trying to get rid of a ticket..
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
It's almost time!
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's almost time!
View Quote

Just got off the phone discussing trip details.  As soon as I hung up the phone after an hour long convo, I realized I still don't know what hotel we have booked.  Oh well, the concert will be a blast!!  

We should all try to meet up somewherre.  I always enjoy meeting ARFCOM guys.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I won't be able to make it. There has been a death and the funeral is this weekend. I tried selling both tickets for 300 (field admission 3 day pass) and haven't had any luck yet.  Pretty shit
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#25]
We're here!!  Found ourselves at Short North or some shit.  There's beer anyway.  Pretty sure with about 20 seconds of persuasion we could get these gags to buy us some drinks.  Wouldn't be worth it to me, but I think we have our buddy talked into trying.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#26]
We made it back, everyone else accounted for?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#27]
We lived through it
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top