Author
Mopar collector
Posted: 11/13/2013 7:43:26 PM
Heard a rumor that one was going to be built and it was going to be bigger, like the Ashland store. Any truth to this? Would be nice to have more than the usual around for guns and ammo.
LMT_Guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/14/2013 12:30:45 PM
It will be about same size as the Canton store
DTakas
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/14/2013 3:37:31 PM
This is the first I've heard of this. I'll be happy just to have one locally regardless of the square footage.
Gregor
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/15/2013 1:04:00 AM
Supposedly it is being built at Rt 224 & South Ave. They are taking applications for employment on their website with an opening date Spring 2014.
Foxtrot08
Go Bucks!
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/15/2013 8:42:45 AM
Its going in on 224 where the old value city was. Right next to alberinies is.

When I bought my safe from the Canton store in march, the store manager told me they would be opening a store in Boardman.

Not fantastic prices but at least its something better then our local shops.
~Fox

Newbies Whine, Veterans Adapt. If I happen to get beat in a game, its my own fault.
GSAR426
Mopar collector
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/15/2013 8:59:30 AM
If it's going in the old Value City where are they putting the Costco that I heard was also coming to town?
Foxtrot08
Go Bucks!
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/15/2013 9:05:35 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By GSAR426:
If it's going in the old Value City where are they putting the Costco that I heard was also coming to town?

That building would be waaay too small for a Costco anyways.

My guess is Costco would build to suit somewhere.

I heard where the old austintown school is on mahoning is going to turn into a plaza area. Its very possible Costco would be an anchor store there.

For Boardman... They'd have to tear something down to put it in. Unless its down on south ave. Going towards western reserve. But I haven't heard of any big jobs gutting a building or building a new one recently.

~Fox

Newbies Whine, Veterans Adapt. If I happen to get beat in a game, its my own fault.
flynbye
just a stand up guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/15/2013 5:31:36 PM
to far for me but i am glad they are growing
When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land
dirtyone04
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2013 4:04:00 PM
This would be awesome.

I pass the on in Ashland on the way up to Youngstown to visit my family, but never stop because of the wife.

Now I could just drop off the baby and wife with the in laws, and shop away.
Anger is a Gift
Foxtrot08
Go Bucks!
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2013 10:54:23 AM
It will be nice to have them around. They're not awesome on prices, but they always have reloading supplies and tools, which will be nice. Decent selection of handguns and shotguns at not a terrible price.

I will still prefer Stocker's shop in Warren however. The owner treats me like gold, which is nice. They have pretty good prices in S&W, Sig and Savage stuff.

The outdoor stuff at Fin will be nice too, can skip Dicks lol.
~Fox

Maverick17
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2013 1:03:43 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:
It will be nice to have them around. They're not awesome on prices, but they always have reloading supplies and tools, which will be nice. Decent selection of handguns and shotguns at not a terrible price.

I will still prefer Stocker's shop in Warren however. The owner treats me like gold, which is nice. They have pretty good prices in S&W, Sig and Savage stuff.

If FFF has a "decent" selection, who has a good one? Just asking because I don't know of any place better.
BeNotAfraid
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2013 2:38:41 PM
If FFF has a "decent" selection, who has a good one? Just asking because I don't know of any place better.

I tend to agree. They stock most usual stuff. If you want something special, I've seen FFF order some really high-end stuff. No problem for them.
"I was sharp shooting. I don't think I missed a shot. It was no time to miss. And I was giving them the best I had." Sgt. Alvin York after killing 28 and capturing 132 enemy soldiers.
Foxtrot08
Go Bucks!
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2013 5:04:27 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Maverick17:
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

Stockers in Warren has a very diverse selection.

Vance's in Columbus is king though.

I'm judging FFF off its canton store. This fall I was looking at maybe buying a new 300win mag. They had 0 guns in that caliber. I know the store in Ashland is bigger along with their gun counter.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
~Fox

Hometown » Ohio