Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2013 5:41:24 AM EDT
Anyone ever go to this?  I am building a walkway and patio and wanted to know what the selection and crowds are like.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I live near by and have friends that landscape in the area...they have said you can get some good deals normally. But, you buy in bulk (skids of product) and have to have your own way of getting it home.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live near by and have friends that landscape in the area...they have said you can get some good deals normally. But, you buy in bulk (skids of product) and have to have your own way of getting it home.
View Quote

I have friends with trucks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
a full size truck could take a skid maybe. in my old 98 f150 I could load about 2500 but it would sag.

unilock is local to me. They have a wide variety of rocks, and a setup outside so you can see fit/finish
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I went to the sale.  I arrived at 4:45am and I was #7 in line.  At 7:30 or so they passed out order forms with your number on it.  At 8 they let us in and we paired up with a sales rep who looked at your measurements and choices.  Our top 3 choices in pavers were not available as they are really popular.  They had plenty of our 4th choice so I put tags on the pallets that I wanted.  17 pallets later, I moved on to tagging 3 pallets of border pavers.  I then went in to pay.  

The lady rings me up and says "Your total comes to 13k something."  Everyone in the room got real quiet and just stared wondering what in the hell I was buying.  She then realized that she made an error and gave me my real total.  I ended up paying $1.25/sq ft which is 75% off list price.  I was finished paying by 8:30 am.  I did have to pay for delivery and that involves 2 trucks because I have so much material being delivered.  My back is already hurting just thinking about this project.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top