Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Big brother is watching
Posted: 9/1/2013 10:34:46 PM
I'm considering bringing my Tavor rifle to Cleveland when I visit my friend next month. What should I know about checking it with the airline and when I come back to Tx via CLE-Hopkins?
I look around and all I see is evil
Walking dead disguised as real people
carbine357
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2013 11:23:26 PM
i have shipped a lot of guns in/out of cle/ .never a problem. i only flew united/conitnental now they have merged. million miler on united
when i carried big money shot guns i insured for 1.50$ per 200.00$ declared value. they were always SOOOO CAREFUL
pistols are still a no brainer. have not carried work""" guns in several years..
can u ship it fed ex. do so legally u can ship a weapon to ur self. i was a constant thru there so i was known
its better than most of i fly thru wioth a gun now. worst is is phx if u can believe that.

t.s.a. has their shit in 1 ruck in cle on outbound look for a tall older black agent. man is he good. ex cleveland cop..
cant speak to flying in as i was coming from GOD"s country. San Antone in those days
it was not always good. united had some real t/c's in those days. hope they all died by now. had to call ramp super 3-4 tines till this 1 b---h finally gave up..

born in Houston
raised in LUBBOCK

HookEm Horns
class of 70""""

carbibe 357

p.s. good luck
safe1
N.E. Ohio Grub-n-Gun Host
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/2/2013 8:57:52 AM
I fly out of CLE on a regular basis with a handgun and it's not too big a deal. Not quite as nice as Bush in Houston though.

Print off the airlines rules. I'm guessing you are flying United? The last time I flew out of there the agent wasn't sure if you could have a box of ammo in the same case as the pistol. A quick overview of the rules from their site cleared that up.
At the suggestion of HermanSnerd

Shootin stuff is fun...but bein' "the stuff" ain't.
Chuck
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/2/2013 9:53:22 AM
No difference flying to Cleveland, Ohio, or Cleveland, Tennessee, or anywhere else. There are no "local rules." This is all governed by TSA and the airlines.

A sturdy, lockable, rigid case is what you'll want.

Read the rules. They're simple. And absolute.

Trust none posted here, get them from the source.

-- Chuck
United States Offensive M4 Carbine Club.
safe1
N.E. Ohio Grub-n-Gun Host
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/2/2013 11:50:43 AM
Also, Ohio has preemption so Cleveland can't have anti gun law to supersede state law. As long as you don't load mag with more capacity than 30rd (NFA items excluded), you are good to go. You can have them, posses them, just don't load them.
At the suggestion of HermanSnerd

Shootin stuff is fun...but bein' "the stuff" ain't.
Hometown » Ohio