Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Please, just stop. Enough anti-gun thinking for one thread, just stop.

I agree, this thread is only a few steps from getting locked.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Please, just stop. Enough anti-gun thinking for one thread, just stop.

I agree, this thread is only a few steps from getting locked.

Why the hell would it get locked?

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

OK let’s try this So Fuck the rules... guns for all... now think about it... Guns for "ALL" regardless of mental, criminal past ... if you believe in that then you are the ones putting your family at risk.. Not the guy who thinks the 4473 or some basic rules is just a formality and a small price to pay to keep the right to buy a gun a simple step or two..

Did you ever think that the time you take loading your mags at the range is good time to talk to your kids about gun safety and ownership or even school ???? No? or is it the I'm in a fucking hurry fuck the world my AR must be loaded and ready to go out of the box.. if you are latter then guy you truly do not understand what many people have died for in the wars we have fought in the past 235+ years...
You are very very mistaken, misguided and wrong.

Anyone who wants to do criminal activities don't care about your "reasonable" regulations so those can be dismissed as "feel good" legislation, out of hand.

A criminal who has served his time is either capable of being in society with all the rights that entails or he is not and should still be in jail.

Me, having loaded magazines for a rifle is no more dangerous to others than having a loaded pistol. You, wanting to impose your idea of "safe" on others, does, however, infringe on their rights as recognized in the second amendment.

You are exactly the type of people who have been at the forefront of the erosion of our rights wrt firearms. Your ilk are many times more corrosive to freedom than those who blatently proclaim their desire to ban guns because you appear, to the average citizen, to favor second amendment rights when, in actual fact, you'd give them away piece by piece under the guise of (useless and ineffective) "reasonable" legislation.

Your "reasonable" legislation does NOTHING to stop a criminal from obtaining a firearm. Laws, by definition, only apply to law abiding citizens and NOT to criminals. So, every "reasonable" impedance you apply to law abiding citizens does nothing to stop or prevent crime and only harasses or worse, keeps citizens from the best tools they could have for the job at hand.

You haven't given one single example of how having a loaded rifle in a vehicle is more dangerous than a loaded handgun. You've only spouted your (illinformed) distaste and fright about the practice which is identical to the antigunners fear of guns in general and with no basis in fact or logic.

Please don't claim to be a second amedment supporter. You may be lumped in with those of us who actually do support it and give the media and anti-gun groups ammo with which to pass more "reasonable" restrictions.

Perhaps you'd like full registration, too. That worked well for all the tyranical despots throughout history, when they decide that private firearms ownership doesn't mesh well with what they have in store for their country.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW, someone is really getting out of control here.
Will not mention any names, however, going from one topic to the next, in the same basic discussion.
If you read through it this far, I wonder, who should be prohibited from owning firearms?
Never knew a State Forum could be like GD. (no disrespect intended.)
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
WOW, someone is really getting out of control here.
Will not mention any names, however, going from one topic to the next, in the same basic discussion.
If you read through it this far, I wonder, who should be prohibited from owning firearms?
Never knew a State Forum could be like GD. (no disrespect intended.)

it seems to  be getting close....
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
To (sic) many things can go wrong with a laoded (sic) AR or like in the car...
What things?  Just curious.  

I remember during the Ban Years someone had a web camera focused on a loaded AR15 –– complete with "high capacity" magazine and bayonet! –– leaning against a wall.  Was on camera 24/7 for several years.  Nothing went wrong and the rifle didn't misbehave.

–– Chuck

Not one drive by bayoneting since the ban years either.  It must have worked!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I for one feel if you are not a LEO in a police car on duty (and I am not a LEO by the way) you should not have access to any other loaded mag other than your CHL weapon accessible in your vehicle.. Just no need for it.. Now in a locked trunk is cool and if you own a SUV or van then in a locked box at the rear is fine as well. I find the law a pain in the ass as well... But to have them just sitting in the seat with the AR or AK or whatever you have it is just not wise... Trust me I’m 100% true blue NRA / Second Amendment.. But a line has to be drawn...

Huh?  Could you please explain this "line" you want to draw a bit clearer for me?

Why can I be considered responsible with my enough to carry a loaded pistol but not a loaded rifle or loaded rifle magazines?

(Edited for the rifle mags too)

Its not about you personally ... it's an opinion nothing more....

I'm not taking it personally, I'm just confused by what your saying.  You say that your 100% true blue NRA / Second Amendment yet you make a statement that appears to contradict it.
I was just wondering what your reasoning is behind the statement you made and if you would be willing to explain it.

I believe in the right to arms 100% but I don't think anyone has the need to have a loaded AR or AK in the vehicle... we are not in a war zone so to speak.. and it is more of a safety issue not the right to have issue...  I agree it's a BS law and we should be able to have loaded mags in the trunk or locked  box... just not accessible.. again it's not about trust it's about safety... Plus we all know the real reason the cops don't like to be out gunned...

Just because we support the NRA does not mean full autos for every one.. if you follow me... there has to be some order.. if you ever served in the military you know what is meant in saying that...

It has nothing to do with need, and in any case its not your call what anyone else "needs."

Please, explain how having a loaded pistol in your car is fine, but a loaded rifle is "crossing a line."  If you think it should not be allowed, you should be able to provide a ton proof why such a thing would be dangerous.  

Iraq and Afghanistan vet here... I don't know what the hell you mean in saying that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
OK let’s try this So Fuck the rules... guns for all... now think about it... Guns for "ALL" regardless of mental, criminal past ... if you believe in that then you are the ones putting your family at risk.. Not the guy who thinks the 4473 or some basic rules is just a formality and a small price to pay to keep the right to buy a gun a simple step or two..

Did you ever think that the time you take loading your mags at the range is good time to talk to your kids about gun safety and ownership or even school ???? No? or is it the I'm in a fucking hurry fuck the world my AR must be loaded and ready to go out of the box.. if you are latter then guy you truly do not understand what many people have died for in the wars we have fought in the past 235+ years...

Anyone who wants to do criminal activities don't care about your "reasonable" regulations so those can be dismissed as "feel good" legislation, out of hand.

A criminal who has served his time is either capable of being in society with all the rights that entails or he is not and should still be in jail.

Me, having loaded magazines for a rifle is no more dangerous to others than having a loaded pistol. You, wanting to impose your idea of "safe" on others, does, however, infringe on their rights as recognized in the second amendment.

You are exactly the type of people who have been at the forefront of the erosion of our rights wrt firearms. Your ilk are many times more corrosive to freedom than those who blatently proclaim their desire to ban guns because you appear, to the average citizen, to favor second amendment rights when, in actual fact, you'd give them away piece by piece under the guise of (useless and ineffective) "reasonable" legislation.

Your "reasonable" legislation does NOTHING to stop a criminal from obtaining a firearm. Laws, by definition, only apply to law abiding citizens and NOT to criminals. So, every "reasonable" impedance you apply to law abiding citizens does nothing to stop or prevent crime and only harasses or worse, keeps citizens from the best tools they could have for the job at hand.

You haven't given one single example of how having a loaded rifle in a vehicle is more dangerous than a loaded handgun. You've only spouted your (illinformed) distaste and fright about the practice which is identical to the antigunners fear of guns in general and with no basis in fact or logic.

Please don't claim to be a second amedment supporter. You may be lumped in with those of us who actually do support it and give the media and anti-gun groups ammo with which to pass more "reasonable" restrictions.

Perhaps you'd like full registration, too. That worked well for all the tyranical despots throughout history, when they decide that private firearms ownership doesn't mesh well with what they have in store for their country.

Agreed.  Why do we need more legislation?  I guess I should be dead for all those times in Bama that I carried loaded mags for my rifles in my vehicle.  Seeing it is so dangerous and all.    Living in OH has definitely made me miss the laws enjoyed in the South.  Hopefully one of the groups here can work towards getting some of these ridiculous firearms laws removed from the law books.

Quoted:
It has nothing to do with need, and in any case its not your call what anyone else "needs."

Please, explain how having a loaded pistol in your car is fine, but a loaded rifle is "crossing a line."  If you think it should not be allowed, you should be able to provide a ton proof why such a thing would be dangerous.  

Iraq and Afghanistan vet here... I don't know what the hell you mean in saying that.

I Agree.  How is it "crossing a line"?  

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont know who originally said it  "An armed society is a polite society".  Some one look up stats on crimes in Switzerland and get ready to have you mind blown.  Everyone there has a ready rifle and pistol.  And their rifle is not just some rifle, its a SIG 550, one of the more B.A battle axe's ever made.  If I am not mistaken, and Ill own it if I am, there has not been a rifle-related problem there for quite some time.

This argument is making me bored; Im gonna go load up my AR and drive around....
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I agree...as a CCW we can carry our Glock 17's mag full, one in the pipe at condition one all over the place....yet my AR has to be in the car with a dry mag??? no sense doth this make!

If you think that sucks, how do you think people with belt ffed guns feel? You almost need 2 cars, one for guns and one for ammo. Who wants to load belts at the range?

Ohio has some of the dumbest gun laws in the country. This one along with the 31 rounds in a mag = machine gun.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]

You can have preloaded stripper clips and empty magazines. Loading the stripper clips in the first pace takes time, loading the mags goes pretty quick at the range.  I am not happy about it but I am not going to scream about my rights being violated either.  

You can carry a loaded pistol in a case or holster.  Thats intended to prevent accidental discharge, not restrict your liberties.  You want to transport a loaded and chambered rifle too, OK, keep it in a locked case.  I dont care if its a 50BMG either, just lock it up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You can have preloaded stripper clips and empty magazines. Loading the stripper clips in the first pace takes time, loading the mags goes pretty quick at the range.  I am not happy about it but I am not going to scream about my rights being violated either.  

You can carry a loaded pistol in a case or holster.  Thats intended to prevent accidental discharge, not restrict your liberties.  You want to transport a loaded and chambered rifle too, OK, keep it in a locked case.  I dont care if its a 50BMG either, just lock it up.

In red, what?

Link Posted: 1/21/2012 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#14]
The issue at hand here in Ohio is the fact that loaded mag (regardless of if its inserted into the firearm) = loaded firearm. Now that it is considered a loaded firearm it is illegal to transport. It was a poison pill thrown in to try and kill the bill. It didn't work as intended. We (as CHL holders) gained more fredoms than we lost but in trade we have to deal with this nuisance. Its as simple as that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In red, what?

What don't you understand?  Guns go bang when triggers are pulled.  Its not an unreasonable concept that to prevent triggers from being accidentally pulled they should be covered up.  If you take the loaded gun out of the holster or case and expose the trigger you have clear intent to use it immediately.
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In red, what?

What don't you understand?  Guns go bang when triggers are pulled.  Its not an unreasonable concept that to prevent triggers from being accidentally pulled they should be covered up.  If you take the loaded gun out of the holster or case and expose the trigger you have clear intent to use it immediately.

I thought you was saying we have to have it in a case or holster on us while in the car

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 4:13:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I thought you was saying we have to have it in a case or holster on us while in the car

Sorry about that, I wasn't talking about current law, I was talking about the motivation for the way the CHL law was originally written.  You're correct, current law does not require that.

Back to loaded magazines plus rifle = loaded rifle.  Yes, we should should push for that to be changed to at least to allow for loaded magazines/belts not inserted in the rifle.  Why shouldn't we be on the offensive and getting laws changed for the better.  If we do nothing the politicians will just do what anti-RKBA lobby pushes.  Either we move forward or we move backwards.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Coming into this thread a little bit late but here goes....

Remove the idea of a loaded AK or AR from the discussion.

Think of a father and son coming back from the range and for some reason they get pulled over and in the bottom of the range bag is a Ruger 10-22 mag loaded to a whopping 10 rds.  That father is breaking the current law and will be considered a criminal from this point forward in his life.

Still want to argue about loaded magazines in a vehicle?
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I for one feel if you are not a LEO in a police car on duty (and I am not a LEO by the way) you should not have access to any other loaded mag other than your CHL weapon accessible in your vehicle.. Just no need for it.. Now in a locked trunk is cool and if you own a SUV or van then in a locked box at the rear is fine as well. I find the law a pain in the ass as well... But to have them just sitting in the seat with the AR or AK or whatever you have it is just not wise... Trust me I’m 100% true blue NRA / Second Amendment.. But a line has to be drawn...

not so much.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?  Could you please explain this "line" you want to draw a bit clearer for me?

Why can I be considered responsible with my enough to carry a loaded pistol but not a loaded rifle or loaded rifle magazines?

I'm not taking it personally, I'm just confused by what your saying.  You say that your 100% true blue NRA / Second Amendment yet you make a statement that appears to contradict it.
I was just wondering what your reasoning is behind the statement you made and if you would be willing to explain it.

I believe in the right to arms 100% but I don't think anyone has the need to have a loaded AR or AK in the vehicle... we are not in a war zone so to speak.. and it is more of a safety issue not the right to have issue...  I agree it's a BS law and we should be able to have loaded mags in the trunk or locked  box... just not accessible.. again it's not about trust it's about safety... Plus we all know the real reason the cops don't like to be out gunned...

Just because we support the NRA does not mean full autos for every one.. if you follow me... there has to be some order.. if you ever served in the military you know what is meant in saying that...

So, I can have a loaded pistol on me, but having a loaded rifle that is accessible will make me just start shooting ? Is that what you are thinking?
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Not just loaded. Loaded magazines anywhere in the vehicle accessible or not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well said!  But using sound logic will not help the people who base their thinking on their feelings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Coming into this thread a little bit late but here goes....

Remove the idea of a loaded AK or AR from the discussion.

Think of a father and son coming back from the range and for some reason they get pulled over and in the bottom of the range bag is a Ruger 10-22 mag loaded to a whopping 10 rds.  That father is breaking the current law and will be considered a criminal from this point forward in his life.

Still want to argue about loaded magazines in a vehicle?

+1

Furthermore, box and or magazine fed rifles are being used more and more for hunting.  I hope it doesn't happen, but one day a group hunters will be going from parcel to parcel hunting chucks,  and you know the rest.

It is the law, and yes it is completely stupid.

Link Posted: 1/23/2012 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your opinion is noted, as long as it doesn't infringe on any more of my 2A rights.  Then it's not an opinion anymore.

One of my favorite pass times is hunting woodchucks.  I'd love to be driving down a road, see a chuck, pull off to the side and get a shot off.    Nope, illegal.  I really don't see a big deal in that respect.

Bigohio

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

NVM

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Ok, I want to address an issue here that should be acknowledged. I was pulled over by a city police the other day in my personal work vehicle for minor tag issue.(front plate was on back/ vise versa) The officer never looked at my DL, insurance, or registration. Once I presented my CC ID it became clear he was only interested in the location of the firearm. I advised him that my job is sensitive in nature, and is a felony to have firearms on it's property, so it wasn't with me.In Ohio it doesn't matter where its located on me or its' whereabouts in the car, as long as it qualifies as concealable firearm. They make me feel like a criminal! I respect what they do and question how the make card holders feel. We passed a damn FBI background check! And I was identifiable by the only requested  ID. We should be treated as a valuable piece of equipment, not as an intimidating measure. Last summer I got pulled over in North Carolina on the way back from the beach for speeding pass an unmarked trooper. His focus was on the type of firearm I was carrying and my credit card.(You can pay your fine at the time of ticket) I get the feeling they are trained to use our permits as PC to ensure additional charges and as punishment. We should respect the Constitution and each other. How much can a job pay you to disrespect either?? I work with people that are no longer citizens and would slice your grandmothers throat for a nickel. They deserve that alienation, not card holders. IMHO

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#27]
We now have a chance to change the "Loaded/Unloaded" Definitions - Brand New Bill Introduced in the Ohio House - HB422!

This bill needs everyone's outward support, as the media vulchers are already picking at it.

Please see my thread on this here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_12/476165_New_Bills_Intro_d_______Repeal_Notification__Redefine_Loaded__Gov_t_Parking_Garages____.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 4:54:19 AM EDT
[#28]
first post nails it !
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top