Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 8 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Lake baliie Hamilton Ohio .
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
www.lakebailee.com    18.00 to shoot all day or 175.00 membership. New range to the area. Is also a motocross track.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TargetBlaster:
Originally Posted By 98hatch:
Where can I shoot my AR in or near Toledo? Willing to drive about and hour and a half or so, looked in SCSC, but it seems like you need alot to join, a sponsor, nra membership, and you have to be there to be voted in, maybe one day, but for now is there anywhere else?

Try Adams Conservation Club.  It is around Spring Meadows shopping center in Toledo. They have a 200 Yard range and if you are into shooting competitively, they also have a high power league that alternates shoots between Adams and Southern Michigan.  No sponsor needed or NRA membership but NRA membership is always a good idea.  Send an email to club secretary.  Email is [email protected]

One thing that is better about Adams than any of the other clubs around (besides it's location) is that the club is run to have the ranges available for members to shoot during shooting hours (9 am to sunset).   Adams has very few range closures and any range closure is usually due to a pre-approved match that is published well in advance.  Even then the range is not closed for more than  2-3 hours, all the other ranges are open and the whole club is NEVER closed during normal shooting hours.  Problem that I have found with most of the gun clubs in the area is that they are always closed on weekends or have very limited availability due to matches, fund raisers, special events, etc.  When you go to Adams, you will be able to shoot.  Can't say that about most of the other gun clubs in the area.

Your kidding about Adams right?
Adams has magazine capacity limits so it is not conducive for AR shooting. In fact I have to wonder how many of those Adams guys voted for Bammy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jonrowe2020:
Originally Posted By themistocles3:
A&A shooting range, 20 miles east of Chagrin Falls on Fenstermaker Rd. off of 422.  Go right on Fenstermaker and go 1 mile.  250, 100, and 50 yard ranges open on weekends.   Five-Stand on Thursday nights under the lights and all day on Sat and Sundays.  A little on the expensive side at about $6 per round/hour but if you only get out once every other month or so it aint half bad.  He has memberships available but I havent bothered to look into it heavily.

+1

Been their a few times, nice if its slow. No one bothers you or treats you like a child like some ranges ive been to. Well stocked gun/gear (ammo) shop and sometimes they have homemade chili in the clubhouse during the winter. Oh yea Nelsons Ledges Quarry park is real close to, I love that place.

+2

12006 Fenstermaker
Garrettsville, OH 44231
440-548-2442

Great place to shoot rifles and handguns.  Bring any target you would like to shoot (ie  tv's, refrigarators, computers, cans, bottles, ect).  Once you pull into the office an pay nobody will bother you.  25 yd, 50 yd, 100 yd and 200 yd ranges.  Nothing fancy but it is a nice place to shoot.  Used to go there all the time until I bought my own place with a 300 yd range.

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Joboo1982:
Originally Posted By jonrowe2020:
Originally Posted By themistocles3:
A&A shooting range, 20 miles east of Chagrin Falls on Fenstermaker Rd. off of 422.  Go right on Fenstermaker and go 1 mile.  250, 100, and 50 yard ranges open on weekends.   Five-Stand on Thursday nights under the lights and all day on Sat and Sundays.  A little on the expensive side at about $6 per round/hour but if you only get out once every other month or so it aint half bad.  He has memberships available but I havent bothered to look into it heavily.

+1

Been their a few times, nice if its slow. No one bothers you or treats you like a child like some ranges ive been to. Well stocked gun/gear (ammo) shop and sometimes they have homemade chili in the clubhouse during the winter. Oh yea Nelsons Ledges Quarry park is real close to, I love that place.

+2

12006 Fenstermaker

Garrettsville, OH 44231
440-548-2442

Great place to shoot rifles and handguns.  Bring any target you would like to shoot (ie  tv's, refrigarators, computers, cans, bottles, ect).  Once you pull into the office an pay nobody will bother you.  25 yd, 50 yd, 100 yd and 200 yd ranges.  Nothing fancy but it is a nice place to shoot.  Used to go there all the time until I bought my own place with a 300 yd range.

+3  Just found this place recently - Great people run it - indoor pistol - skeet - separate ranges for pistol - 100 - 200 -300 yard rifle - bring your junk to blast away at. Only been there twice so far ( winter here in the snowbelt ) but we had a absolute blast!!!
Last time it was "old computer monitor and pumpkin day" what a hoot and you can be "serious" also.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Stopped by Lake Bailee near Hamilton yesterday.  Overall, I would gladly visit them again.  It is a bit pricey at $20 a day, but they do offer memberships if you shoot that often enough to consider it.  I wouldn't consider a membership until they finish the tactical course that they are building - it is members only.

Fair warning - This is not a setup like Point Blank (new, nice and cozy) this is more of a "we have land - why don't we set up a shooting range" kind of thing.  They do have EXTREMELY friendly and knowledgeable RSOs, and follow NRA Range protocols. So, if you are comfortable with that, then give Lake Bailee a shot!
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]
+4  We were there in December, took the wives for their first shooting experiences and they had a blast....bring plenty of sh** to shoot at!
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 7:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TargetBlaster] [#8]
Originally Posted By Falcon195:
Originally Posted By TargetBlaster:
Where can I shoot my AR in or near Toledo? Willing to drive about and hour and a half or so, looked in SCSC, but it seems like you need alot to join, a sponsor, nra membership, and you have to be there to be voted in, maybe one day, but for now is there anywhere else?

Try Adams Conservation Club.  It is around Spring Meadows shopping center in Toledo. They have a 200 Yard range and if you are into shooting competitively, they also have a high power league that alternates shoots between Adams and Southern Michigan.  No sponsor needed or NRA membership but NRA membership is always a good idea.  Send an email to club secretary.  Email is [email protected]

One thing that is better about Adams than any of the other clubs around (besides it's location) is that the club is run to have the ranges available for members to shoot during shooting hours (9 am to sunset).   Adams has very few range closures and any range closure is usually due to a pre-approved match that is published well in advance.  Even then the range is not closed for more than  2-3 hours, all the other ranges are open and the whole club is NEVER closed during normal shooting hours.  Problem that I have found with most of the gun clubs in the area is that they are always closed on weekends or have very limited availability due to matches, fund raisers, special events, etc.  When you go to Adams, you will be able to shoot.  Can't say that about most of the other gun clubs in the area.

Your kidding about Adams right?
Adams has magazine capacity limits so it is not conducive for AR shooting. In fact I have to wonder how many of those Adams guys voted for Bammy.

At Adams, you can load up to 10 rounds at a time for the rifle and pistol ranges. So what?   Some of the top AR shooters in the nation have come from and shoot at Adams.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 8:15:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: frostamp] [#9]
I'm a member out at Adams and am looking for a place to shoot steel in NW OH.

getting bored w/ paper.

any ideas?

thanks

edit: I'm a pistol guy
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 12:28:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TargetBlaster] [#10]
Originally Posted By frostamp:
I'm a member out at Adams and am looking for a place to shoot steel in NW OH.

getting bored w/ paper.

any ideas?

thanks

edit: I'm a pistol guy

Try some of these:
Sandusky County in Gibsonburg
Fulton County Sportsmans in Wauseon
Progressive Fishermans in Whitehouse
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RobarSR60:
Another Fairfield Sportsman's shooter here. It's a great facility, and we even have 2 gold medal olympians that're members. I love the club, and the people are MOSTLY considerate of their neigbor shooters. I personally would like to see more service rifle matches, but that's just me.  

edit

How is that a good facility? You shoot through little slots from benches right? Probably what- three shots at a time at most? I want to be able to shoot how I want to shoot, standing, prone, whatever- rapid fire, and on steel plates, not paper.

Damnit I'm so pissed Randy's closed down. There isn't a decent range around Cincinnati anymore.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By savagerabbit73:
Anyone following the impending opening of The Great American Outpost in Rio Grande?   Looks like it's going to be fantastic!  Follow them on Facebook for pictures and plans because their website isn't much to look at yet.  Linky

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/463490_358268524227466_1460659821_o.jpg

This sounds interesting, will have to follow up on this.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Any maps or the like to find places to shoot? Just trying to find somewhere somewhat close that has more than 100yds to shoot on. In/around the Columbus area (I actually live in Pickaway County, but PCSI is full memberwise).
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I live in the Columbus area and either go to Deercreek or if I have time I will drive up to Woodbury in Coshocton.  Deercreek is nice during the week and crowded on the weekend.  It also depends on what ranger is there if you have a nice time or not.  If it was not a long drive for me (1.5 hours or so) I would drive up to Woodbury every time.  You can basically back up to your bench to unload and they go out to 200 yards.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:04:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I mostly shoot on private property, but if I'm looking to shoot at 100 yards I goto Grand River. Best ODNR range I've been to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
Any maps or the like to find places to shoot? Just trying to find somewhere somewhat close that has more than 100yds to shoot on. In/around the Columbus area (I actually live in Pickaway County, but PCSI is full memberwise).
View Quote

I could easily map out all the places to shoot in the state if we collectively compiled the data. I would need Name, Address, and any other info about the range.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

IM me your number, I can take up to 5 guests. If you want to tag along on my next trip out I'll shoot you a text.

The only issue is that I am in grad school and my weekends are kinda screwy with homework right now
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By YogiTKE:

I could easily map out all the places to shoot in the state if we collectively compiled the data. I would need Name, Address, and any other info about the range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YogiTKE:
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

Frapper map?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Live in akron area, work in brooklyn area and looking for somewhere outside to shoot with 50-100yd ranges at least, browsed through the thread and came up with the following, anyone have any other suggestions?

Youngstown Rifle and Pistol Club Inc -- http://yrpc.org -- does this place still exist? their webpage seems to be dead
A&A Shooting and Hunting Club -- http://www.targething.com/range.htm -- seems to be the best option i've found so far
Solon Sportsmen Association -- http://solonsportsmen.org/ -- website has absolutely no information
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Club -- http://www.argconline.org/ -- private, need to attend meets to become member., kinda far in wrong direction
ORCO -- http://www.orcosportsmans.com/index.html -- private, need to attend meets to become member., kinda far in wrong direction

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I've lived in Cincinnati for the past 9 months or so and haven't really been able to shoot much. I prefer to shoot outdoors and now that it's nice out again, I'd love to be able to. However, there don't seem to be any clubs, ranges, etc that are outdoors less than an hour drive from downtown Cinci. Is there somewhere that I've missed? I realize there are some (eg: Miami Pistol club) and I would be willing to join a club no problem, but I don't really know anybody that shoots here to "vouch" for me at clubs that require that and I'm unlikely to be here longer than another 2-3 years (which makes the 3-4 year waitlist for places like Miami Pistol unrealistic). Any suggestions? I didn't see anywhere else in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Google Maps Link for the ODNR Grand River target range in NE Ohio.

Easily use it to get directions from your home.

This place is not new, details are here and easily searchable online.

I just marked it on Google Maps.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#22]
if you live near cleveland or cuyahoga falls and need a range permit come see me

http://kulisfreezedry.com/ <---

Also, stone wall is a great place to shoot, but if your gonna go in there go in there like a hardass and dont listen to the old guys in there. there is a lady in there in her mid forties id say and is always better to work with...

http://www.proarmament.com/ <-- great little handgun range and nice people. also good if you like to try out different things. 2 weeks ago i was in there, Ruger mark's glock 17-40 models and some CZ guns. Real nice people in there.

To night i have to go get ammo, we have been going to northfield gun recently, real great ammo prices and jimmy, the owner, is real nice guy. Ill ask if he knows anywhere else
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Leipsic Hunting and Fishing Club just north of Ottawa is my local hangout.  It's members only, but 55$ / year gets you access to the gun range, a bow range, and fishing in 2 very nice stocked ponds.  I might be off $5 one way or the other on the annual fee, but it's a bargain if you live in the area.

The shooting line is covered, and there are (I think) 8 concrete rifle benchrest positions.  A year or so ago, they added a 10 yard pistol target board.  They have 25, 50, 100, 200 & 300 yard target boards also.

There is a monthly bow shoot and trap shoot too.  Pictures and other info at http://leipsicfishingandhunting.com/
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I typically shoot at my parents farm in Muskingum Co, but the problem is that I live in Licking.  I strongly dislike going to a range and paying for the time on top of the price of ammo so I'm looking for a guy with a farm close by Granville that doesn't mind me setting up a few targets and having a little fun.  So until that happens I will be driving an hour to the folks where I could set up a 1000yd range... if i needed it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:37:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#25]
Ohio Armament
1315 North Wooster Ave.
Strasburg Oh, 44680
330-878-4017
[email protected]
www.OhioArmament.com
Facebook

BCM/Colt/Noveske/Magpul/Geissele/Daniel Defense/Glock/HK/S&W/Magtech Stocking dealer and features an indoor range.

Transfers $25
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Have you found  place yet?  I lived here for 2 years and still haven't found an outdoor range.  I always go to ready line, which is real nice, but only indoors.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#27]
As a new member of this forums, I work just about to finish up my first AR build but I have been shooting actively in the Columbus area for a few years now and I ALWAYS take the drive out to Briar Rabbit (I'm on the NE side of Columbus so my drive time is just under an hour). I've always had a great time and enjoyed everyone I have encountered at that range. However, I live less than 5 minutes from AimHi (New Albany) but never had the opportunity to shoot there.

However, I would love to go shooting with anyone in this area to help get some range time on the AR once its completed. Should be middle/end of next month depending on parts/shipping. Just got my lower today.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Onyxhammer:
As a new member of this forums, I work just about to finish up my first AR build but I have been shooting actively in the Columbus area for a few years now and I ALWAYS take the drive out to Briar Rabbit (I'm on the NE side of Columbus so my drive time is just under an hour). I've always had a great time and enjoyed everyone I have encountered at that range. However, I live less than 5 minutes from AimHi (New Albany) but never had the opportunity to shoot there.

However, I would love to go shooting with anyone in this area to help get some range time on the AR once its completed. Should be middle/end of next month depending on parts/shipping. Just got my lower today.
View Quote

AimHi is a nice place, but I never have gotten the welcome vibe from them.  There is usually three guys standing behind the counter, if their not helping someone, they are giving me the evil eye.  I don't think I desearve this so I don't go anymore... and it's expensive, all indoors and usually very busy.

I'm still looking for something local so I can stop driving to New Concord every time I feel like shooting.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By turfengineer:

AimHi is a nice place, but I never have gotten the welcome vibe from them.  There is usually three guys standing behind the counter, if their not helping someone, they are giving me the evil eye.  I don't think I desearve this so I don't go anymore... and it's expensive, all indoors and usually very busy.

I'm still looking for something local so I can stop driving to New Concord every time I feel like shooting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By turfengineer:
Originally Posted By Onyxhammer:

briarrabbit.com

This is a little closer to Columbus and highly recommended. I'd gladly go any weekend out here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I am still looking for a rifle range in or near Licking Co.  Zanesville is too far, but has anyone been to Dillon State Park?  ODNR website state there is a range there but I have never seen it.  That's 30 min from me and would be ideal.  How about the Sportsmans Club just northeast of Johnstown?  Do they have a rifle range for members?

I miss the good old days where I could step off my parents deck and shoot all day.  Finding and driving to a range then paying a fee blows.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know what's the longest indoor range in Ohio that allows ARs?  I'm looking to practice offhand once or twice a month now that the Service Rifle season is over.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I live in the Columbus area and often shoot at Briar Rabbit in Zanesville. I have been a member there for a few years now and usually make it out there about 3 times a month. I also go to Rayners Range which is located in Blue Rock. Rayners is a great place, especially if you enjoy precision long range shooting. I try not to go to indoor ranges often, but if the weather is horrible, or if I just need to get a quick after work evening fix I will go to Ohio Valley in Lancaster.

If anyone ever wants to meet up at Briar Rabbit or Rayner's Range I'm always down to meet a fellow shooter.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joker581] [#33]
Edited-joker581
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm told ARO group no longer has the range open to the public. I tried to stop out last weekend, and they never opened.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joker581] [#35]
Edited-joker581
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:01:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothergene] [#36]
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Any public Outdoor range open on a Tuesday in central Ohio?  I have a two random tuedday's off in Novemeber.  The ODNR ranges are closed M/T and looks like Briar Rabbit is members only on Tuesdays.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#38]
^ become a member at briar rabbit. That's honestly what I did and it's a very easy hundred dollars to spend. I just hate the drive especially when I just want to test some reloads out or plink around.  I live in Newark Ohio and would love to have a briar rabbit or a Rayners here. Nice people, cheap and great facilities.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#39]
For those in Northwest Ohio you might be interested to know that the Williams County Conservation League now has a 50 yard range that's open during trapshoots (which close the old 200yd range).  

As of right now, its supposed to be pistols and pistol caliber carbines only, to protect the steel plate rack from asshats.

Membership is $30 a year if you only need the 200yd range, and an additional $22 to get a Rifle/Pistol membership and a key to the new range.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Briar Rabbit is nice but the drive from Columbus is a pain.  With all the land around here you would think there would be more options.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Hello everyone. Just got back into shooting. What ranges are still open around central Ohio. I've heard that the one at Deer Creek was bought and closed by Batelle. That would have been fairly close for me. Looking for something outdoors. With at least 100 yard targets. Prefer out to 400.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:11:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heisohio] [#42]
Last year Cardinal Shooting Center hosted the national scholastic shooting competitions just north of Columbus. They spent millions upgrading the facility for rifle, pistol, skeet, etc, on top of their trap, sporting and archery setups. Competition is returning this year.

https://www.thecardinalcenter.com/

Looking forward to camping there with my son when he gets older.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jacketsfanatic] [#43]
What facilities do they have for rifle/pistol?  I don't see any mention of those on their website.

...this is intended for the above post...
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jacketsfanatic:
What facilities do they have for rifle/pistol?  I don't see any mention of those on their website.

View Quote

Yeah, looks like they only have clay shooting....

I've all but given up hope on finding a 500 yard rifle range in Ohio....
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By wtwining:
View Quote

Alliance Rifle Club
Miami Rifle and Pistol Club
Ohio Rifle and Pistol Association at Camp Perry
Solon Sportsmen's Association

All hold matches on ranges that go to at least 600 yards, if not 1000 yards.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By wtwining:

View Quote

Rayner's Range goes to 1000 yds.  

Thunder Valley goes out to one mile.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:55:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RWL5420] [#48]
My bad, goofed
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jacketsfanatic:

View Quote
Again they are hosting the National Championships for the SSSF  foundation. Here is a link to the web page, it mentions the rifle and pistol shooting competition they have during these championships. Someone posted with pictures a couple years ago the pistol range there as it was being built.

https://sssfonline.org/2017-sctp-sasp-national-championships-return-ohio/
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Looking for any help from a Tusco member. I was a member a few years back and stupidly let my membership lapse. I'd like to see if it's possible to rejoin. I sent an e-mail to the range, but haven't heard anything back.
Page / 9
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 8 of 9)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top