Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2017 11:01:25 AM EDT
Check this out.

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20170727/apple-valley-parolee-reportedly-found-with-gun-during-hesperia-traffic-stop
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gang banger, who cares, to bad so sad, have fun going back to jail.
View Quote
I was pointing out it wasn't a rifle. But a pistol. I cud careless about the banger.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Such a pistol is illegal in CA since it would be an "assault pistol".

Pistols with barrel shoruds and detachable mags that are not in the pistol grip are banned.

I suspect it is illegal on that count and the article was poorly written.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Such a pistol is illegal in CA since it would be an "assault pistol".

Pistols with barrel shoruds and detachable mags that are not in the pistol grip are banned.

I suspect it is illegal on that count and the article was poorly written.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
There were so many things wrong with that guy, his having a gun and that gun in particular.  He knew it , too.  He took off running because of a traffic stop.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Convicted felon gang member ...
View Quote
Exactly.

The OP is also making the error of assuming someone who violates many other laws would follow the law in regards to AR pistols.

If that lower was ever a rifle, or purchased from an FFL in California and listed as a rifle, then it IS a short barrel rifle. The pistol style buffer tube may just be to avoid suspicion at ranges as AR pistols are far more probable than SBRs.

Without additional information to say otherwise, that article may be spot on accurate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I could care less. A felon in possession of a short barreled rifle. I hope he dies in prison.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
was that a brownells bag with the ammo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top