Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2017 9:41:55 AM EDT
Hello all. I have a springfield XD 45 tha I am wanting to sell. It is not on the CA list and was purchased in North Carolina. Because its not new from a store can it be sold in California? Thanks for any info or places to look for better answers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all. I have a springfield XD 45 tha I am wanting to sell. It is not on the CA list and was purchased in North Carolina. Because its not new from a store can it be sold in California? Thanks for any info or places to look for better answers.
View Quote

You can sell it person to person at a LGS, you can not ship it to a FFL unless the buyer is roster exempt.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
So do I need to turn it in for 10 days and then get it back or just fill out a form and keep it? Hate how there isna 10 day wait in CA after you buy a weapon. NC you wait 10 days for a permit then can buy as soon as you walk into the shop. Seems similar to CA but still better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The buyer will have to wait 10 days to pick it up from whatever FFL you guys use.
View Quote
I think it is more than that.

When I bought my 29-4 .44 mag, on consignment, I had to wait 30 days + 10 days. They have a wait period for consignment firearms to make sure they are not stolen prior to selling them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought an off-roster handgun in a person to person sale through a LGS. We both walked in the store, filled out the paperwork, left the gun at the store and I picked it up 10 days later. Easy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When I bought my 29-4 .44 mag, on consignment, I had to wait 30 days + 10 days. They have a wait period for consignment firearms to make sure they are not stolen prior to selling them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The buyer will have to wait 10 days to pick it up from whatever FFL you guys use.

Negative, you and your buyer both go to a LGS and do the paperwork. Buyer has a 10 day wait, that's it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the good information. Should make for an easy sale. Now to find a buyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top