Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 9:35:59 AM EDT
Hello neighbors,

I'm going to be traveling to socal first weekend of August, and would like to bring a bolt action in 308. A shooting range is close to where I'll be at, so might as well punch some paper.

Savage model 10 to be exact. It's got detachable mags. 5 & 10 round mags.

Am I good to go with such a setup? Or, is this a no go? I did try to google this question, but all I get is 30 round ar mags.

I'm assuming that a bolt action rifle is still ok? But the detachable mags might not be?!

Thanks for your time and help.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't import anything over 10 round capacity.  For those already here, there is an injunction on the requirement to dispose of/permanently alter anything over 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Do not bring any magazine that can hold more than ten rounds.  Test them to be sure an eleventh round does not fit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, I'll just take the 5 rounders just to play it safe.

I also found the ca aw flow chart, from what I can tell, I'm in the featureless rifle category.

Thanks for your assistance in this question.

Have a great day & week.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If you wann be a subject bring 10 round mags , if your a free man bring what you  want.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you wann be a subject bring 10 round mags , if your a free man bring what you  want.
View Quote
Lol!

Your right good Sir, but that's not the hill I'm willing to die on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bolt action rifles are 100% legal and not covered by any AW rules period. So don't worry about bringing it here with you when you visit.

As has been stated already, magazine capacity is no more than 10 rounds. You can bring your 10 round mags as they're legal and I doubt any cops would even look twice at your bolt gun.

Have fun, be safe and enjoy your time here in CA.
View Quote
Thank you, I will.

Enjoying some family time. And, going to get some delicious Mexican & Chinese food while there!
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which area of CA are you planning on visiting?

You can get plenty of food recommendations from the guys here. Locals always know the best places to eat, even if it's just a hole in the wall.

What range are you planning on going to? Some are better than others
and like food, we can give you a heads up on them also.
View Quote
I grew up in the Pasadena & Altadena neck of the woods. Visiting family in Altadena. I have my foodie spots already tagged, but, I'll take any other suggestions anyone's got.

Going to the Angeles ranges off the 210 for my shoot day.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I grew up in the Pasadena & Altadena neck of the woods. Visiting family in Altadena. I have my foodie spots already tagged, but, I'll take any other suggestions anyone's got.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which area of CA are you planning on visiting?

You can get plenty of food recommendations from the guys here. Locals always know the best places to eat, even if it's just a hole in the wall.

What range are you planning on going to? Some are better than others
and like food, we can give you a heads up on them also.

Sport Chalet and Ernie Jrs have left the building (sniff) Several of the long term places on lake Street have gone in the last few years.  

Camerons seems to have improved significantly

Lupitas at Colorado and Sierra Madre is pretty good.

Famous Shsh Kebab on Colorado is pretty good.  The lamb shank is worth a trip just to get one of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top