Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2017 9:48:13 PM EDT
http://mailchi.mp/53e3e03976ba/doj-misses-ammo-regulation-deadline?e=7f0381ea75

DOJ Misses Legal Deadline to issue Ammunition Vendor License regulations

Despite being warned in advance by a letter from NRA/CRPA’s lawyers, the California Department of Justice (“DOJ”) Bureau of Firearms has once again failed to do its job on time. This time, DOJ failed to publish regulations to set up the new ammunition vendor licensing process that was made necessary by the passage of Proposition 63 and Senate Bill 1235.

To sell ammunition in California after January 1, 2018, an ammunition seller must have this ammunition vendor license (or be exempt from this requirement). Next year almost all ammunition sales must be conducted by, or processed through, a licensed ammunition vendor. This includes ammunition sold between two private parties or purchased from outside of California and sent into the state.

Starting on July 1, 2017, and subject to limited exceptions, any business or individual who is not a California-licensed firearms dealer, and who wants to sell ammunition in California, should be able to apply for an ammunition vendor license. However, no ammunition vendor licenses can be issued until DOJ enacts the regulations to set up the process of applying for, and issuing, ammunition vendor licenses! Those regulations must, for instance, create the forms, the computer system, the licensing fees, etc. Penal Code section 30385 requires the DOJ to have its licensing regulations in place before July 1, 2017. Additionally, DOJ is required to have a “registry of ammunition vendors” up and running by July 1, 2017, for law enforcement to maintain a record of the new licensed ammunition vendors.

DOJ is also required by Penal Code section 30312(a)(2) to set the amount for the administrative fee that licensed ammunition vendors can charge buyers in order to process the ammunition sale transactions (e.g., delivering and returning ammunition as necessary).

The DOJ has blown this crucial deadline.

It is imperative that the DOJ start the process to adopt the necessary regulations according to the Administrative Procedures Act as soon as possible in order to give Californians enough time before the January 1, 2018 deadline to obtain their ammunition vendor licenses.
Thank you for your continued support and please share this message so that others can join us in this critical fight for freedom.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reminder .... off to buy another UPS back breaking order of ammo.

80 pounds at a time would sure seem to be enough huh?
View Quote
You might want to order more than that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've filled up my old gun cabinet and have them stacked several layers high across the top ... I'm more than a bit worried about that stack-o-ammo come an earthquake.
View Quote
If you stack it right and throw a few cushions on it you could pass it off as a couch!
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you stack it right and throw a few cushions on it you could pass it off as a couch!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've filled up my old gun cabinet and have them stacked several layers high across the top ... I'm more than a bit worried about that stack-o-ammo come an earthquake.
This.
I'm building furniture over here.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
It's hard to square a lack or performance/urgency on the part of the DoJ when the political hacks are telling us this whole gun crime thing is an emergency and legal niceties be damned when it comes to making California safe for Democrats again?    Kind of wonder how it's going to fly in the various litigations.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.

I'm building furniture over here.
View Quote
I'm trying to have enough that I can use them as cinder blocks for a spare garage. The PSA ammo can deal is sure handy!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's hard to square a lack or performance/urgency on the part of the DoJ when the political hacks are telling us this whole gun crime thing is an emergency and legal niceties be damned when it comes to making California safe for Democrats again?    Kind of wonder how it's going to fly in the various litigations.
View Quote
It is one aspect of tyranny - the laws apply only to the subjects not to the rulers.

Why would they care whether they comply or not?  They hold all three offices - legislative, executive and judicial.  There will be no consequences for them.  

If there were a consequence, such as missing a deadline causes the law to be rendered null and void, you might see priorities shift a bit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I left ammo cans a few years back.  

Now I have a entire wall of 5 gallon buckets.  

I plan on staying in.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anybody noticed that vendors aren't selling?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It is one aspect of tyranny - the laws apply only to the subjects not to the rulers.

Why would they care whether they comply or not?  They hold all three offices - legislative, executive and judicial.  There will be no consequences for them.  

If there were a consequence, such as missing a deadline causes the law to be rendered null and void, you might see priorities shift a bit.
View Quote
 Except that these issues are adjudicated in Federal court and patterns of behavior that work to willful disregard of the laws, previously decided laws, civil rights  and constitutional issues are the kinds of things that can get slapped down or even lead to changes is decided law.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have you tried Target Sports USA?

I'm watching .22 prices which are currently .06 shipped. Hoping for .05 or .04 shipped but it may not happen
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm watching .22 prices which are currently .06 shipped. Hoping for .05 or .04 shipped but it may not happen
View Quote
That supplier has Aquila HV and SV for 5 cents per round.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Except that these issues are adjudicated in Federal court and patterns of behavior that work to willful disregard of the laws, previously decided laws, civil rights  and constitutional issues are the kinds of things that can get slapped down or even lead to changes is decided law.
View Quote
Let's just say my opinion of the Ninth Circuit Court is less than stellar.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Let's just say my opinion of the Ninth Circuit Court is less than stellar.
View Quote
I serviced a member of the ninth circus courts Bmw 2 weeks ago.

He damaged his bumper while removing his golf clubs , I explained to him that I don't repair bumpers

And he lost his mind demanding I be accountable for the damage he caused to his car

All I could do was shake my head and bite my tongue as I walked away.  

He called our office and complained about me and still demanded us to be accountable for his actions.  

Not sure what they did or didn't do for him but now I truly understand the mind set of the liberal judges.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not buying, just wondering if anybody ran into a vendor that stopped selling because they don't have the new regulations.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

not buying, just wondering if anybody ran into a vendor that stopped selling because they don't have the new regulations.
View Quote
None have stopped that I am aware of. There are a couple that I've received emails from that specifically address the proposed upcoming deadline though as a reminder...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top