Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2017 6:28:16 PM EDT
Have been trying to figure this out by looking online, but am only getting more confused. Realistically, what types of rifles would I be looking at: featureless AR with BB? Mini-14? that pump 5.56 AR (or are 30s banned even for that)? original SKS? Am I going to have to register anything that I bring from another state? What would you guys recommend?

Help a dummy out, here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you wanting to buy a rifle or bring it with you?

Bullet buttons are about to be banned, so don't bother with that item.

0.  Do not bring any magazines that hold more than ten rounds.

1.  A featureless, off-list AR is the way to go if you want an AR.

2.  Mini-14 is also acceptable per the current laws - no pistol grip, fixed stock,...  

3.  Pump action, lever action, rimfire,... anything but semiautomatic centerfire is not restricted as long as it meets the minimum dimensions for long guns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have been trying to figure this out by looking online, but am only getting more confused. Realistically, what types of rifles would I be looking at: featureless AR with BB? Mini-14? that pump 5.56 AR (or are 30s banned even for that)? original SKS? Am I going to have to register anything that I bring from another state? What would you guys recommend?

Help a dummy out, here.
View Quote

Featureless means no features that make it assaulty, bb does nothing to that so ignore the bb. Make sure its not banned by name then add grip fin, fixed stock and no flash hider and that gets you a normal mag release. If you want the evil features, you need to break the action to drop the mag per the new rules.

I would not bring an SKS, CA DOJ has a major hard on for those for some reason. Mini-14 is cool, so is the Ares SCR.

Mags can't hold more then 10 rounds, period.

Also, no threaded barrels on pistols. And the approved handgun list does not apply to what you bring in, just to what you can buy when you get here, so get what you want before coming, otherwise be prepared to pay $$$$$$
for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top