Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2017 9:41:53 PM EDT
Long story short, my sister ordered a bday cake from Wally World for my nephew. They didn't make it. He's crying, she's missed and her anxiety is through the roof right now. They will be headed to San Diego a little later for their plans tomorrow. Anyone know of a place in the area that could make a cake for my nephew tomorro?

Odd request, I know. I'm just trying to help them out and make number 4 really awesome for him! Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is, there are too many places that can do the job.

Where are they?

Where is San Diego are they going to stay?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I just sent her a message. They're going to Legoland so I would assume somewhere in that area.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Many of the supermarkets around here have bakeries and do cakes, not sure the time thing on any custom decorating.  IIRC, Costco typically has larger (half and whole? sheet cakes?) cakes available, maybe with some themed decorations,  Not sure how fast they can do custom work.  I'd think there should be local bakeries as well that can do simpler guick decorations.  On the phone first thing in the AM?  If someone has a generic birthday cake, you might be able to add a name and birthday greeting from d.i.y. decorating suplies, grab a couple of small tous of a sort he likes [ little super heroes, cars, green army men, etc., and decorate on the fly?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
At this point something simple with toys would probably be fine. They've only lived there for 2 months. Not really made any friends yet and with trying to get everything in the house the way they want it and having to work, they haven't had time to explore the area yet.

Also she just said they were staying in Carlsbad for the next couple days. They live around Helendale, I believe.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I did some research and found a couple places. Thank y'all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top