Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 10:01:38 PM EDT
For reasons beyond my control, my family and I may be moving to Roseville in the next month or so. Anything I should know or areas I should avoid when we're looking for a place to live?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Overall, Roseville is not a bad place to live. Granite Bay is really nice, but $$$. West-Roseville has lots of large subdivisions.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Roseville isn't bad, decent area with enough to keep ya busy. You can also get a CCW if you cant where you currently are.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting closer to the free end of the state!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I gather Placer County is about as close to "shall issue" as we have these days. Sure wouldn't mind that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
They are pretty good, instructors will walk you through the process
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For reasons beyond my control, my family and I may be moving to Roseville in the next month or so. Anything I should know or areas I should avoid when we're looking for a place to live?
View Quote
was a bizarre shooting recently but 99.9% of the time I've visited in the last year, it's been a clear, modern, quiet and respectable place with no obvious problem areas that I could see
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Good area, with average crime. Hub to go anywhere... If you like the outdoors, good place to live. Traffic you are most likely used to.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like what we're after. Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I moved up here two months ago from the bay area. So far so good and I'm adjusting to the heat. A ton of gun shops and a few nice ranges. Lincoln Rifle Club is nice and easy to sight in a rifle. Sac Valley Shooting Center in Sloughouse isn't too far away.

Employees at many of the gun shops I've visited aren't up to speed on gun laws, but DOJ doesn't make it easy on them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Hot AF in the summer.
Cold AF in the winter.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:45:19 AM EDT
[#11]
If I'm to take your name to mean your from SoCal, then kind of close to Roseville (relatively speaking) is North Highlands and Antelope.  Stay the hell away from there.  There's one decent indoor range in NH (The Gun Room), but that whole side of town is a shit hole
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I'm to take your name to mean your from SoCal, then kind of close to Roseville (relatively speaking) is North Highlands and Antelope.  Stay the hell away from there.  There's one decent indoor range in NH (The Gun Room), but that whole side of town is a shit hole
View Quote
Yeah, we've been here about 2 months and have no intentions of going to either of those. So far so good though in Roseville. Reminds me of North Orange County.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
If you're every down near Mather Field, stop by the Sacramento Gun Club and ask for Bill. I'll give you the tour.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you're every down near Mather Field, stop by the Sacramento Gun Club and ask for Bill. I'll give you the tour.
View Quote
You got yourself a deal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You got yourself a deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You got yourself a deal.
Usually there Tue, Wed, Thur.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top