Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:29:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Picked up one of these Strike Industries grip & am thinking about pinning a MFT minimalist stock...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Like the look of this Phase 5 unit...

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
HERA stock has a grip built-in (left side view).

The picture above shows a featureless build and a ten round magazine (assuming there's no flash hider on the barrel).

Another view showing just the stock (right side)

BOTACH Tactical has these on sale for $120.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Posting other types that are available and compliant.  These are based on using Exile Machine's Hammer Head grip.

The Hammer Head grip is only $30 and you can use/re-use your stock.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of these just make the rifle look like something from Frankenstein's gun room.
View Quote
... Frankenstein's plumbing shop.  

Maybe the thing to do is to sell the AR and buy a mini-14 or an M1A.  You're still stuck with ten round magazines but the rifle is whole, a complete package as originally designed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I cut and pasted the first stock onto the third upper.  It looks better than any of those shown in the pictures but even that was weird.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Exile make a nice add-on for the Magpul MAID grip that would work well with the PRS.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Post a pic and a link.  People need to know.  I searched the MAGPUL web site but could not find it.  

Is the PRD s telescoping stock or does it use dome other method for effecting the length of pull adjustment?  Telescoping stocks prevent claiming the rifle is featureless (makes it an assault weapon), whereas other LOP adjustment methods do not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Posting other types that are available and compliant.  These are based on using Exile Machine's Hammer Head grip.

https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/images/exm1/F123-TYPE-2.JPG

http://www.exilemachine.net/shop/images/exm1/IMG_7459C.JPG

http://www.exilemachine.net/shop/images/exm1/IMG_7465C.JPG

The Hammer Head grip is only $30 and you can use/re-use your stock.
View Quote
Ugliest fucking contraptions I've ever seen! I hate this shit!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#11]
This guy speaks the truth.  Miad grip with the exile backfin and magpul fixed stock.

Quoted:
Exile make a nice add-on for the Magpul MAID grip that would work well with the PRS.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This guy speaks the truth.  Miad grip with the exile backfin and magpul fixed stock.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Pics!  Pics!  We need pics and links!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll post this weekend...
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a Stirke grip mentioned in an above post for under $10 to try out.  It shipped quick.

After shooting in a match to past weekend and having a bullet button completely screw up, I'm going to try featureless with a real magazine release next week.  Putting the Strike grip on a gun I have that already has a fixed stock and muzzle break is a simple featureless change over.

The bullet button is a piece of shit for reliability and functionality.  It makes the gun unsafe, but I guess I am saying something we already knew.

Basically, a few $10 grips and $10 comps from the AR15 store (they are on sale) will convert my rifles with fixed stocks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pics!  Pics!  We need pics and links!
View Quote
Google "exile backfin amazon"

It is a 3D printed fin with thumb hold.  It replaces the back strap on a Magpul MIAD grip.  You have to have a MIAD grip to use this product.

Try the Strike grip for $10 if you don't have a MIAD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top