Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 7:27:17 AM EDT
I realize that the odds of 1) Obtaining a CCW permit in CA and 2) Having permission to carry on school grounds are probably near zero, BUT....

Has anyone here received permission to CCW on school grounds?  I would like to see samples of the letter(s) from the school superintendents.  I am one of the rare folks that has a CCW, and I was recently hired to teach classes at a local college.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was a Federal law that made schools a gun-free zone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it was a Federal law that made schools a gun-free zone.
View Quote
No, that law doesn't apply to anyone with a CCW. 

CA allowed campus carry until 2016 with a CCW. After that it required school permission. 

Folsom Lake College will give it, I know that for sure. They sent out an email to everyone telling them how to apply as the Spring 2016 semester was approaching. I was impressed with that. 

Sacramento State will not, according to the campus police. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I realize that the odds of 1) Obtaining a CCW permit in CA and 2) Having permission to carry on school grounds are probably near zero, BUT....

Has anyone here received permission to CCW on school grounds?  I would like to see samples of the letter(s) from the school superintendents.  I am one of the rare folks that has a CCW, and I was recently hired to teach classes at a local college.  Thanks.
View Quote

(It's called concealed for a reason)
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
There may be more, but....

Places currently that allow ccw:

Anderson/Redding School Districts
Kingburg High School District
Kern High School District
Taft Union High School District
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top