Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2017 10:01:39 AM EDT
Finally!  Reopens on July 17th with new projectors and water screens and at least 1 new scene.  Been down for too long and have missed the show, though I didn't miss the crowding in New Orleans Square that the show brought.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They've been running music and pyro tests before the park opens.

Tom Sawyer Island has re-opened.

BTW, if anybdy is going to bring their dogs to the kennel, call first to check which vaccinations and papers are required.  Been seeing a lot of dogs getting turned away lately.  And no, there isn't anybody that can change that rule.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They've been running music and pyro tests before the park opens.

Tom Sawyer Island has re-opened.

BTW, if anybdy is going to bring their dogs to the kennel, call first to check which vaccinations and papers are required.  Been seeing a lot of dogs getting turned away lately.  And no, there isn't anybody that can change that rule.
View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
How often to you both go to Disneyland? The cost negates us even thinking about going...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How often to you both go to Disneyland? The cost negates us even thinking about going...
View Quote
Jumping in to say the wife and I used to go quite often, at least twice a month if not more. We had passes and with the monthly payment it was under $150 a month for both of us. Plus we almost never went for a full day. We'd catch a show and hit a few rides, grab some food and maybe a beer. Our normal trips were only 4-5 hours. If we move back down south I can see us getting passes again, but it would be more expensive now that the kid is 2.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I generally go 4-5 days a week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife and I took our 1year old daughter for her first Disneyland trip a few weeks ago. As we expected, the place was a madhouse. Ended up on the top level of the structure and I think we got there at like 11 or so. Lines for everything, even the damn corn dog truck needed a fast pass.  Glad to hear Tom Sawyer island is back up. Sure is different when you bring a little one.
What used to be the best deal was back in like 05-06 when Cal adventure had maybe four rides and not much else, and they didn't have a payment plan for the AP's, you could go on a slow day and practically walk onto any ride and never wait for any food. I miss that. Now it seems like there isn't any "off season" at either park and it's a shoulder to shoulder shit show. We're thinking of LegoLand or Knott's next time. Dealing with those Dland crowds is the definition of insanity. At least you get paid to be there, Danby
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#7]
2 to 3 times a year at 3 to 4 days per visit.

Will probably be more once I upgrade my pass to a Signature from the Deluxe I have now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd really like to see the behind-the-scenes doings of that place. The infrastructure that keeps that place running has to be amazing...
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd really like to see the behind-the-scenes doings of that place. The infrastructure that keeps that place running has to be amazing...
View Quote
I am always in awe when I am there
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I go to Disneyland every couple of weeks. But the PC stuff is getting ridiculous.

It isn't Tom Sawyer's Island.  It's Pirates Lair (apparently the fact that there was a character in the story named "Injun Joe" upset some folks.  Now I hear the bride auction is going away.  Apparently someone was upset with the concept (those same folks apparently aren't aware that a bride auction would be very, very tame when compared to what raiders of any sort used to (heck still do) to the female population of the places they raid).

And as to firearms, they've banned anything that even remotely looks like a toy gun, including bubble guns.  But you can still get swords, knives and bows & arrows.  Oh, and I've noticed that some of the firearms that were props are disappearing.  I won't be surprised if the Columbia has all of it's cannons removed when the Rivers of America reopens.

I'm pretty sure Walt isn't just spinning in his grave, but trying to figure out a way out so he can save his beloved park.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We're taking my parents down the first week of August.  Primarily for the Main Street Electrical Parade.  Last time they were there was '85 when they took us and we saw the parade.  Will be nice that the river attractions and the train will be up and running by then.  We haven't been in 18 months.  I'm going through withdrawals.
View Quote
It's been 2 1/2 for us.  Two trips already this year and two more planned.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Always jealous.  If I could stand CA politics I would move there.  Been cold called for a few interviews, but the dang politics.
View Quote
I generally ignore Sacramento.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Got itchy and booked a trip for the weekend.  Grand Legacy at the Park is running a 30% off sale for the month of July.  Select Promo/Corporate from the Add a Code box on the Select Dates Screen and enter July for the discount.  Got two nights this weekend for $186.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Fantasmic is a great show. My stepdad worked at Disneyland doing pyro. He was one of the crew that set up and fired the end of night fireworks and also did the pyro on Fantasmic.
    I saw the show in 1997 from the control area that also has the VIP seating.  Went back the next night with just the wife, didn't get to sit in the VIP area that night  Billy Idol and his family were sitting there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#18]
We were just at Disney on the 1st and 2nd, was an awesome trip! 75 degree and I think the worst line we waited in for both days was 30 minutes for Matterhorn. If only the lines were that good every time
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:22:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We were just at Disney on the 1st and 2nd, was an awesome trip! 75 degree and I think the worst line we waited in for both days was 30 minutes for Matterhorn. If only the lines were that good every time
View Quote
Last week was great.  I was there on the 29th and it was really good.  Not too crowded either.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I was there today.  95 degrees, not too crowded but I left at 4, I suspect it got busier as it cooled off.  That said, most of the Annual Passes were blocked out today and that probably lept theevening crowds down, too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Great, another thing I can't do anything about for AP's to bitch at me about.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:47:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know what that means, but good luck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you work at DL?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you work at DL?
Only if the managers are watching.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Reviews of Fantasmic are in.  The did some sort of preview.  
Gone is Peter Pan and a funky pirate thing in it's place.  Music is different.  Here they had a multi decade hit and as usual the boss' blew it but screwing it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top