Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 6:56:13 PM EDT
Due to upcoming changes in CA law and government douchebaggery I am disposing or have disposed of all of my real AK mags.  Does anyone have a line on decent performing 10rd mags?  Preferably steel.  I have one rifle (AR platform MGI Hydra w/AK mag well) that is extremely picky and basically won't accept most polymer mags.  Kinda' weird because it will feed and function fine but the mag well is very tight and most polymer mags get stuck in the rifle.  I mean like disassemble the rifle and magazine bad.  It accepts a 10/30 Thermold just fine but not a 10rd Thermold.  Won't take any other polymer mags, Bulgarian, Tapco, others, I've tried several brands.  Ended up disassembling the mag and squeezing the sides of the mag with pliers to get it to drop. Anyway,  steel mags are GTG.  But some steel 10rd mags are POS not good. 

lol So I guess I'm looking for good quality 10rd steel mags.  Any ideas or leads? 

Yeah, I could block some steel 30rd mags.  And I will if the revised rules on that ever get published. 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has any leads on decent steel 10rd mags? lol  Anyone know if the steel Korean 10rd mags work?  I see them for sale everywhere.  Guess I'll have to buy one to find out.

Blocking some steel 30rd mags (guessing what the DOJ wants) but would really like some simple dedicated steel 10rd mags.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a few mils off the high spots of the polymer mags with some sand paper on a flat sanding block.   Test for fit and function.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You didn't want to just install mag blocks?  That's what I'm doing on my mags to the extent that I can afford it; the rest, officially, are being disassembled until such time as I can afford more blocks. 
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the magpul 10rnd mags or the 10 rnd saiga mags (but you have to cut a notch for the feed ramp)
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I hadn't considered sanding down plastic mags, didn't think it would be so hard to find good steel 10rd mags.  Guess I'll give it a try.

I have blocked some steel 30s, just waiting on the DOJ to finalize the rules.

Only 11 days until high caps are illegal.  Anyone heard any updates on the new rules yet?   Sure would be nice to know what is legal.  And what is not.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hadn't considered sanding down plastic mags, didn't think it would be so hard to find good steel 10rd mags.  Guess I'll give it a try.

I have blocked some steel 30s, just waiting on the DOJ to finalize the rules.

Only 11 days until high caps are illegal.  Anyone heard any updates on the new rules yet?   Sure would be nice to know what is legal.  And what is not.
View Quote
I don't think they are going to be issuing rules at this point.  We should also find out about the ruling on the preliminary injunction before the 1st.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top