Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 6:33:42 AM EDT
My daughter and her boyfriend are moving there from here in Va for about six months. Can you tell me what kinda place it is?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some really bad areas, high crime and gang bangers. Google Fresno Bulldogs gang. Fresno is the armpit of the central valley. They may want to look at Clovis, it's next to Fresno.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are some really bad areas, high crime and gang bangers. Google Fresno Bulldogs gang. Fresno is the armpit of the central valley. They may want to look at Clovis, it's next to Fresn
View Quote
Damn!! That's the very thing I was worried about the most.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
no one else in Fresno?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fresno is the armpit of the central valley.
View Quote
The CV is a many armed creature.  Not from Fresno but like many "cities," there are good and bad spots.  Drive through a lot on vacations.  It's about 2 hours from Yosemite Valley and not far from a couple of other national parks.  But it would take local knowledge to recommend an area.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Merced.  Right up 99.  I shoot at Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club regularly.  Tell them to move to Clovis.  If you need anything, feel free to PM me.  It's going to be hot as a Hades for the next 5 months.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Close to a lot of beautiful country in the Sierras.  Within drivable distance to some beautiful coastal country for a day trip, but on a route that can easily jam up when busy.

Drove through there a few weeks ago and it went from nice area to not very nice quickly.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Damn!! That's the very thing I was worried about the most.
View Quote
Sorry to make it sound so negative but your family needs to know what areas to avoid before getting locked into a lease. From what I remember the county sheriff there is really good about issuing CCW's. Much easier than other counties. Fresno city is surrounded by beautiful farmland and is a good jump off point to outdoor activities. I have family in both Fresno and Clovis, I pack whenever I go there just because some of the areas I have to drive through. If your family finds a place to live pm me and I'll get a hold of one of my cousins and let you know if it's a decent area. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]
It has the most active trauma center in CA. More big city issues like gangs than most would expect. The other areas outside the city tend to be nice. Pretty conservative area for the most part. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Lots of gangs and violence. Hot as hell.

I grew up 1 hour away from there.

EFFF that place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top