Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2017 2:10:06 AM EDT
The subject says it all. Are M249 200round Soft Packs Legal in CA? I have a guy that wants to buy a few from me and I'm hearing it's a bad idea to ship them out there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as there are no tracers in it.  Tracers are a felony in California.  Each round is considered a separate felony.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
From the sound of it, you're asking about the cloth belt carriers and not the belts themselves. The pouches are 100% legal. The links are also legal if empty. If it's loaded belts, they can be sent if the belts are not assembled in lengths longer than 10 rounds.

This is all assuming no special circumstances and the buyer is an average Joe. There are some exempt people such as LEOs, most dealers, etc.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I was referring to the soft pack only, no ammunition. Thanks for the responses guys! I wasn't sure if CA had some strange law on the books.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't blame you for wondering....

And yes, I like turtles. The one I have now is of unknown age, but I have had a little ornate box turtle for over 25 years. Easiest pet to have when you travel too much. Some years he hibernates for the whole winter. Makes no noise and never has a vet bill.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The bags are just bags. The belts are considered the ammunition feeding device for belt-fed firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top