[#2]
Check out the guns on this sales ad.

https://www.turners.com/info/weekly-ad
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My local fun shop has a good supply.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
This outfit has a sister shop in Plano near where I have to work and another in Fountain Vally, CA near where I live.

If you filter the view for In-Stock, you can get an idea of what this has been like.

Rifle Gear CA Legal Rifles
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Plenty at the local shop yesterday, wether it was featureless or had a compliant mag release...
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the guns on this sales ad.

https://www.turners.com/info/weekly-ad
View Quote
That's not bad, you just have to have the thing on your grip
to be legal.

It sucks but I guess it could be worse.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It's more a logistics problem from the manufacturer's standpoint. A fixed mag rifle required only one part to be modified/removed/installed - the magazine lock. On a featureless it requires much more work - a modified grip or wrap, a pinned stock, an alternate muzzle device, etc. So it was more investment in resources and time for the same end result.

Now, with the new laws going into effect, I'd imagine we will see a big shift towards featureless but the main issue is there are not a lot of elegant solutions and the better solutions are smaller companies that would have trouble supplying to the likes of River, S&W, etc. It seems to me like I see probably 2:1 or even 3:1 featureless to mag lock rifles when I go into stores, but that may just be my perception.

Honestly, I think the best thing that could happen to us is someone with a patented design to license it to a major OEM but I don't think that will happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think there is anything to exotic about the possible stock designs.  There are several out there now.  Hera for one.  Thorsden is seen a lot and standard on some other states' featureless-ish rifles.  I've seen it for sale in stores and it's selling a lot direct as well.  Not sure if anyone sells it as a standard complete rifle in California yet.  Clearly a simple internal lock device that can be removed/replaced as legally appropriate is likely easier to deal with than a odd shaped stock of wrap.

Personally, I think the advantage of featureless is two-fold:  1. Uses a real, finger functioning mag release.  2. Won't require registration and doesn't have the rather strict impacts on storage, transport, loans/uses, etc.  But tht's my way of looking at it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
If you think you have seen California compliant you should watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29DEsEXj0M

I have been told that if you change one evil feature, your rifle is compliant, this could change. This guy said install a Maglock and you can still have a tele stock, flash hider, and pistol grip.,
Change the stock and you can have a mag release button, flash hider.
People on CalGuns agrees with this guy and his examples of compliant rifles.

What does everyone here think??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top