Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 12:37:16 AM EDT
Since the worthless bullet train is Moonbeams pet project, I'm thinking of trying to get an ballot initiative on the ballot to use the bond funds from the worthless not so bullet train, and instead have those funds used to build water storage projects instead of having water run into the ocean like we do now. Now is the perfect time to play on peoples emotions and have them ruin moonbeans train dreams. Anyone know if it's even possible to require those funds to be used for another project?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I may be wrong, but I thought once funds were allocated they couldn't be reallocated without first being returned to the fund and then redistributed. Protection so crooked people in power couldn't funnel public money into their pockets. Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think it's as easy as "Use that money for this instead".
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
They aren't spending the Bond funds as required by the initiative now and the courts haven't stopped them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may be wrong, but I thought once funds were allocated they couldn't be reallocated without first being returned to the fund and then redistributed. Protection so crooked people in power couldn't funnel public money into their pockets. Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think it's as easy as "Use that money for this instead".
View Quote

I see that is working well, especially since Fucksteins husbands company is doing the trail.

But ya, that is the info I am trying to find out. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top