Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 4:25:16 AM EDT
This may be not bad (laws enforced as written, no new BBAW classification, no pictures, install a real magazine release on registered rifles) or this could be even worse (skies the limit with liberal politicians.) We will see.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/5_things_gun_owners_need_to_know_after_california_doj_withdrew_its_bullet_button_assault_weapons_regulations

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Amen. I cant even go to calguns without almost having an aneurysm. 
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, there were two legislative items passed dealing with maglocked semi auto rifles.
One was a bill passed into law, the other was a voter approved ballot initiative.

This could be a formality of withdrawing one of the two for clarification.
And IIRC, the voter approved one was nastier (felony with a 4 year mandatory minimum prison sentence) whereas the legislative one was an infraction or misdemeanor.

So this might not be the good news that it seems.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This may be not bad (laws enforced as written, no new BBAW classification, no pictures, install a real magazine release on registered rifles) or this could be even worse (skies the limit with liberal politicians.) We will see.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/5_things_gun_owners_need_to_know_after_california_doj_withdrew_its_bullet_button_assault_weapons_regulations

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/7b69d67922f8e32ca499bb6b7/images/64df85c1-23d3-40a9-bc41-3dc6b06a5028.png
View Quote

para_frame,

WOW that's good news to say the least!!! Since I don't know how to provide digital pic of my rifles registering will be much easier and less head ache. I'll wait until the final judgement of the OAL though.

Impala
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC, there were two legislative items passed dealing with maglocked semi auto rifles.
One was a bill passed into law, the other was a voter approved ballot initiative.

And IIRC, the voter approved one was nastier (felony with a 4 year mandatory minimum prison sentence) whereas the legislative one was an infraction or misdemeanor.

View Quote

I don't think the ballot measure was about BBs.

The walkback is on the DOJ over reach on their handling of AWs. They were imposing restrictions that were well outside that law that was passed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The walkback is on the DOJ over reach on their handling of AWs. They were imposing restrictions that were well outside that law that was passed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There wasn't anything to do with AWs on the ballot. The only firearms-related proposition was 63, and that was the one about ammo background checks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There wasn't anything to do with AWs on the ballot. The only firearms-related proposition was 63, and that was the one about ammo background checks.
View Quote

It also banned mags with more than 10 rounds. The legislature banned them as well, but it was only an infraction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top