Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2017 9:11:33 PM EDT
As I understand the way the new laws are going to be, they will require a photo of the rifle on both sides and maybe a frontal shot with the serial #.  Now, what does someone do if there are two uppers (no flash hider)?  Submit two sets of pictures put together and the same serial #?  I can not seem to think that makes sense.  Does anyone else have that situation?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a trap, trying to get you to show an illegal assault weapon configuration - plain and simple.

Be sure to send in a photo of a fully compliant rifle.

You can swap uppers at your leisure after it is registered.  Just be sure the various configurations all comply with the law(s) and its registration status.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
why would you register a featureless rifle?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
They want you to "prove" the rifle is featureless, and even though the initial law allowed you to select a serial #, they will make you apply for a CDOJ # and supply several pictures of that AR.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They want you to "prove" the rifle is featureless, and even though the initial law allowed you to select a serial #, they will make you apply for a CDOJ # and supply several pictures of that AR.
View Quote
Trying to unravel this. You built an 80% receiver into a featureless build?

If I am correct, you should only obtain a serial # for the lower.  What you do with the lower, following the laws, is your business. No need to notify the state regarding a featureless build
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
That makes sense to me, but I understand they want pictures of the entire rifle, both sides and a frontal shot.  So, seems to me that if I ran into a rogue DOJ cat, and the registered picture does not look like the gun, even with the serial #, am wondering if I could be in sticky stuff.  All of my uppers look different, muzzle breaks, hand guards, etc.  I may be over thinking on this, but out here in Kalif. ya just can't tell.  There is still no state DOJ list of approved brakes, grips, etc.  And, you still can not even apply for a state issued serial #, yet, because they haven't
got their s*^t together yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the new law state that after registration you may not modify the rifle?  If it does, I've not heard that.  

It is the lower receiver that's registered, not the upper.  

An unregistered, non-assault weapon lower may become an assault weapon if used with an upper that has evil features.  But there is no provision, of which I am aware, that using featureless upper with a registered lower will cause any legal trouble with the law.

Once the lower is a registered assault weapon, whether its upper is featured or featureless, the rifle is still an assault weapon.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]
That makes sense to me, the only reason I wonder about it, is they will require a picture of the lower with the featureless upper.  Thinking now, I suppose I could take pictures of an AR together, and a second upper so they would have pictures of everything.  Of course they can think of some reason I can not make that work.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Give as little as possible - photos of the lower with ONE upper.  Don't offer more than is the minimum required.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

this              
making my AR10 featureless and AR15 break open to reload.
So I don't  have to register!

When, in a few years Kommiefornia outlaws all non-registered semi-automatics my guns will move to Arizona or Idaho.  Hopefully by then I will be able to go with them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top