Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2017 8:31:02 PM EDT
Got well over a dozen registered and I have my paperwork..

all is well with that right?

Nothing to worry about right?

I keep my paperwork when I take them out shooting and boy does it get checked like a fine tooth comb.

What now.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You are fine.

Who checks your AW paperwork ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The Space Nazis usually at Angeles ...and once by some Ranger whatever.

I use 10 rdr for everything ...from the FAL, HK, AR, AK.

everything 10 rdrs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are fine.

Who checks your AW paperwork ?
View Quote

I was told to remove my RAW from the line at Lytle Creek in Aug '13 for not having a bullet button and using a standard capacity mag.

I explained to the RO it was a RAW, but he still had me remove it from the line unless I could prove it. Showed him my paperwork, to which he said I could only use it with 10 round mags. Range policy was no mags over ten rounds regardless of circumstance.

No, I haven't been back.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was told to remove my RAW from the line at Lytle Creek in Aug '13 for not having a bullet button and using a standard capacity mag.

I explained to the RO it was a RAW, but he still had me remove it from the line unless I could prove it. Showed him my paperwork, to which he said I could only use it with 10 round mags. Range policy was no mags over ten rounds regardless of circumstance.

No, I haven't been back.
View Quote

DesertRider,

Only once I tried to head to Lytle Creek and check them out for a possible future visit but the weather didn't permit. Since then I heard the police go there and check everyone's rifles for any AW infringement. Even confiscation of the firearm itself has happened. It's just what I heard through internet rumors.

For myself I won't even think of going there for any reason based on what I've read/heard on the net. May I suggest you try Angeles Shooting Range.

Impala
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot my RAWs at LC all rhe time, no drama.

I have been asked for paperwork, when I go to get it, they wave me off.

Nice place IME.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never been asked for paperwork or any proof of legal status at the range.  A few curious range masters have asked to look at the weapons but nobody has asked for paperwork.

Paperwork.  The laws clearly state that you are not required to carry your paperwork with you, that police can run your registration status to check the database on their radios.  I used to keep copies of my RAW papers in my range bag.

But then the law also said I could keep my high caps too.

Reading what I just wrote above is chilling.  Does this water feel warm to you?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep it all and I have offered to show it.....

What I don't like is them finger fucking it.

Annoying part is some ask to shoot it.

FUCK THEM.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I registered some rifles in 2000. I have never once been asked by anyone at any ranges. Went to a range on my day off (a weekday) and a few Sheriffs Officers were training neaby and they didn't seem to care one bit. My buddies and I had all our cool toys out that day. If there was a time I was expecting to be ask it was that time as we were pretty much the only ones there. One of them just gave me a nood and went about his business and we went about blasting away. I'm still wanting on the day for someone to ask.

Maybe I am just not the type of guy that attacts attention.

Don't show up to the range acting and dressing all Gangster, don't dress in full on BDU, and don't drive a camo painted truck and you'll be fine. Don't be a showoff with you stuff either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top