Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 12:13:04 PM EDT
My buddy says he could give me his unregistered stripped ar15 lower for a SHTF senerio. I wasn't planing on buidling it up yet. Figured it was a way around needing to register it for me. It's tough to find the legal ramifications of not going through a ffl. I figure the less the gov. Knows about me the better. Is it a way to get around possible gun confiscation issues? Is it considered a stolen gun if it's in my possession? I need some help knowing if this could get me into big trouble or not.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My buddy says he could give me his unregistered stripped ar15 lower for a SHTF senerio. I wasn't planing on buidling it up yet. Figured it was a way around needing to register it for me. It's tough to find the legal ramifications of not going through a ffl. I figure the less the gov. Knows about me the better. Is it a way to get around possible gun confiscation issues? Is it considered a stolen gun if it's in my possession? I need some help knowing if this could get me into big trouble or not.
View Quote

New ATF initiation?

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

New ATF initiation?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New ATF initiation?

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I would never try to fool the ATF or risk breaking a law. No Sir too risky.

Hello new Agent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought your grandfather gave it to you?

Did you not like the answer you got, so you changed up the question and asked in a different section?

Breaking the law is a stupid thing to do.  My virgin butt hole is worth a lot more than an unregistered lower.

<edit> other post
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#8]
The term "registered" drives me nuts when people talk about buying guns not regulated by the NFA/ ATF...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure about CA laws but can you build anything with it that complies with laws so as to not require registration?
Not making myself a target of LE is on my SHTF priority's list.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#10]
If I was going to do something legally questionable pertaining to firearm laws in a state that HATES firearms, the first thing I would do is post questions about it on an open gun forum

I seriously hope this guy is trolling.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I was going to do something legally questionable pertaining to firearm laws in a state that HATES firearms, the first thing I would do is post questions about it on an open gun forum

View Quote

No shit. Hello Mr ATF man looking for informants.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I suppose you're right, in my state, it isn't an issue to transfer individuals without an FFL...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The term "registered" drives me nuts when people talk about buying guns not regulated by the NFA/ ATF...
View Quote

CA has registration.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Did you not like the answer you got, so you changed up the question and asked in a different section?

Breaking the law is a stupid thing to do.  My virgin butt hole is worth a lot more than an unregistered lower.

<edit> other post
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<edit> other post
This.  Seriously, what the fuck OP??  Troll, much?

No responses in your other thread, and now this.

On the off chance that you're serious, are you referring to the CA laws
soon to go into effect that require 'assault weapon registration', or
are you referring to a CA legal transfer requiring a D.R.O.S.?

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

CA has registration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CA has registration.

I understand that.... Everyone else in "free" states tosses it around as well...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hello Mr ATF man or CDOJ man.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

<edit> other post
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<edit> other post

FFS...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

<edit> other post
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<edit> other post

Paging NorCal
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the ATF really trolling this site.... What a waste.
Hey ATF, go blow a goat!
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:11:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is the ATF really trolling this site.... What a waste.
Hey ATF, go blow a goat!
View Quote

From a purely empirical standpoint, there are far more idiots than ATF agents. I'm going to wager the ATF doesn't even know this topic exists and this topic is just THAT special.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#24]
God I love it when the atf make threads here. Always a good time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 3:47:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Oops, make that three threads.
Two threads on a very similar issue.  I asked for details in your "grandfather" scenario.  Details like what make/model, when obtained, etc. are very important but you didn't provide any of them.  Intrafamilial transfers.  Look it up.
This one is looking very much like a set up to commit an illegal act.  Yeah, I'm out.
eta link

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_11/606526_Do_I_need_to_or_can_I_register_an_ar15_lower_my_grandfather_gave_me_that_he_never_registered_.html

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_128/704129_Do_I_need_to_register_my_AR15_.html

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Ha , how did I miss this cluster fuck ?

Anyway carry on.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I just got here too.

If you take an AR15 and put a dollar bill in its Buttstock, does it drop all its parts off and become a stripper lower ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top