Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2016 7:54:21 PM EDT
The pdf I found for ban "AW" does not list spikes tactical as a no go. Can anyone confirm that if I have this stripped lower before Jan 2017 once I move to Cali that I will be good to go with it? I dont want to buy it before I move if I just have to sell it later. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
First and foremost, yes Spike's Tactical receivers are legal in this state as long as they comply with all other laws. Spike's Tactical receivers will continue to be legal after January 1, 2017 but importing or purchasing after that date will negate their ability to be registered under the new law as assault weapons.

Second, it is possession IN the state. It's not just a date cute off like pre/post ban. You need to be in possession of it and be in the state before January 1, 2017 to be eligible to register it as an assault weapon.

So you're good to go purchasing a Spike's Tactical lower. If you move into the state with it before January 1, 2017 it will be eligible to be registered as an assault weapon if you so choose. If you choose not to, or if you move into the state with it after January 1, 2017, than you will be limited into what you can do with it. You can configure it as a rimfire, a non-semiautomatic, or a featureless rifle (google Monsterman grip Hammerhead stock to get an idea of what that looks like if you're not familiar with it already).
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
So i have an ar marked multi-cal, if i put a 22 conversion kit, can i put a regular mag release on it? And do i still have to register it if it is rimfire?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So i have an ar marked multi-cal, if i put a 22 conversion kit, can i put a regular mag release on it? And do i still have to register it if it is rimfire?
View Quote

That's a good question! I'm thinking as long as you make that a dedicated .22 you should be ok to keep the mag release. You can never swap uppers to anything other than 22 or you'll have to do the featureless thing. I may be wrong but your question is a curveball.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top