Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2016 2:15:15 PM EDT
All the research I've done says both parties have to be present at the FFL for transaction?  Is this accurate or can I ship the firearm from my FFL in Virginia  to his FFL in California?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends.

You can send in any pistol that is deemed "safe" by the state DOJ. Theye keep a list that can be found here:

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov

There are some classes of pistols that are exempt from this regulation, such as some single shots, some single action revolvers, some Olympic pistols, etc.

So if it's on the list at that website, it's good to ship in. If it's not, you can ask here and we can tell you if it's an exempt pistol. Also, it needs to be the EXACT model when looking at that list. So for example, if Springfield Armory makes an XD with and without a loaded chamber indicator, it needs to list the one you have - being close or more or less the same doesn't cut it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up...I called an FFL out in California, and he basically said that if the gun in question is on the approved list, then it is GTG to ship.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
You can ship any pistol to the FFL its on the FFL as to whether or not they can transfer that firearm to the person is between those two parties
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top