Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2016 10:10:15 PM EDT
I sold a Russian SKS (fixed magazine, no muzzle device, with original blade bayonet attached) to a fellow off Gunbroker.  Can this be shipped to California?  It will go through an FFL who is registered with the California DOJ.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes but the bayo might have to come off, call his FFL and ask. Or one of the other guys that has an SKS might know for sure.
View Quote

The chisel type bayonets are ok. It cannot be a blade.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Bayonets are not regulated in California, unless some obscure law was passed recently. All laws pertaining to bayonets on rifles are federal laws and those are either long gone, or are based on 922r restrictions and it would be a rifle to rifle determination.

Only thing bayonets can get hit for is concealed carry of a fixed blade, but if it's attached to the rifle that's a moot point.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Yugos with a GL are considered "destructive devices". Says that on the DOJ website.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yugos with a GL are considered "destructive devices". Says that on the DOJ website.
View Quote

Two options for a Yugo.

1) Remove the GL and replace with a flash hider. That's what I did to mine before moving here. It's a bitch to get off. I wish I'd known about #2...

2) Drill holes near the end to make it non-functional. I would have preferred to do this but was unaware it was an option.

They're sold out, but here's an example:

Link
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked with the FFL, and I'm good to go.  No problem with the bayo.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Sorry about the late reply but I have a Romanian SKS with a blade bayonet and it's GTG.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Likewise, I have a Russian Tula 1952 with a blade bayonet. I bought it from Turner's in about 1993. Nothing illegal about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top