Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2016 12:58:08 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I'll need to "rearrange" my inventory between my properties in California and Arizona.

My question is whether or not my M1 carbine with a 10 round magazine would be within compliance of the new laws. I do need to keep the magazine capacity under 10 rounds, right?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe so. The Carbine doesn't fit the definition of a Ca. AW. It is basically featureless.

10 rds after 7/1/2017.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. That's how I understand it, but I'll wait for more discussion.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Stock, with ten round magazines is good to go, currently.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought any semi-auto with a detachable magazine, regardless of features, was gonna get banned.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought any semi-auto with a detachable magazine, regardless of features, was gonna get banned.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Even with the new laws being foisted on us, a semi-auto must meet the definition of a AW. SA like the M1 don't fit that definition.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The version of the bill that banned all semi-autos with detachable magazine got canned.  It would have made antiques like a 1905 Winchester self loader an assault rifle!  Currently in stock condition: M1 carbine, Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30, Keltec SU16, factory Saiga and Vepr sporters, SKSs, ARES SCR, and M1As with a brake instead of a flash hider are good to go.  

Even with 10 round magazines, the advantage of no-bullet button allows for a respectable rate of fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top