Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2016 2:04:28 PM EDT
This has been in the works since Gov Brown signed sweeping new gun control legislation.

Now that it is organized and gaining traction, I want to help spread the word.

We are working to get six referendums on the ballot in November to repeal the gun control package recently signed into law by Brown.
The draft referendum has officially been filed with the Secretary of State’s office on Friday. The state attorney general’s office must respond, by law, within 10 days,
so they are expected to issue title and summary for the measures on July 25, which must be done before we can print petitions.
Once that is done, the campaign is ready to gather signatures from registered voters.

We need help!

Our goal is to gather 450,000 signatures of registered voters on each petition to slam-dunk the 365,000 required by law to make the ballot.

Time is of the essence, as all petitions and paperwork has to be filed by Sept. 29.

We want to hit up gun stores and ranges across the state to get signatures.

We need volunteers, and also donations to get the petitions printed.

When you sign up to volunteer, you will be notified by email when the petitions are printed and ready to sign.

See links below and help overturn these anti 2A bills at the ballot box in November!

Veto Gunmageddon

FaceBook Page

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Signed up.  Already have a few dozen people waiting to sign the petitions and know where to go locally to try and get more.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Signed up.  Already have a few dozen people waiting to sign the petitions and know where to go locally to try and get more.
View Quote

Ditto. I'll do my best to get as many signatures as possible in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ditto. I'll do my best to get as many signatures as possible in my neck of the woods.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The professional signature gatherers hit up Wal Mart heavily.  It must be a good spot for signatures if they do that as often as they do.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The professional signature gatherers hit up Wal Mart heavily.  It must be a good spot for signatures if they do that as often as they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My father happens to be an FFL and retired Navy, so I'm hoping to get as much traction there before I set up an umbrella stand outside my local walmarts. But whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Edit: Nevermind. Found the answer to my question on the .org website.

Thanks for putting this together!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks so much. Not in the US right now, so couldn't make a donation; that's what I'll do as I get back home, quickly.
But thanks for doing this - will try and help the best I can
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
For the record, other people did much more than I, in getting this going. Particularly other members of CalGuns and businessman Barry Bahrami, who actually got the paperwork into the SOS's office.

I'm just trying to spread the word, volunteer, donate and help this grassroots effort.

We currently have zero support from the NRA on this. Hopefully that will change.

We all need to our part, whatever we can do.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Update from Veto Gunmageddon:

URGENT: It has come to our attention that a site appears to have been setup to solicit volunteers and donations away from our efforts. The site is gunreferendum (dot) com.

Please be advised this site has NO AFFILIATION WITH OUR EFFORT and certainly will not be printing our petitions.
Be warned!

DO NOT DONATE TO gunreferendum(dot)com

We believe it may actually be an anti-gun group, or at least, a scam.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For the record, other people did much more than I, in getting this going. Particularly other members of CalGuns and businessman Barry Bahrami, who actually got the paperwork into the SOS's office.

I'm just trying to spread the word, volunteer, donate and help this grassroots effort.

We currently have zero support from the NRA on this. Hopefully that will change.

We all need to our part, whatever we can do.
View Quote

Gee. What a shock.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Signed up, will also donate when I can.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Have signed up, shared their site and donated some money.  Once petitions are available I have a bunch of folks waiting to sign in ink.

Pretty sure it will be seven referendums soon with the dishonorable Moonbeam signing off on the 80% ban today (forcing state issued serial numbers).
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Have signed up, shared their site and donated some money.  Once petitions are available I have a bunch of folks waiting to sign in ink.

Pretty sure it will be seven referendums soon with the dishonorable Moonbeam signing off on the 80% ban today (forcing state issued serial numbers).
View Quote

I've shared the links/info with friends & will sign for sure.

Also, I hope the 80 reversal is added as well...
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Veto referendum on 80% lowers already in the works.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#16]
OK California folks, time to step up.

Petitions are almost ready.  Aug 12th is the kickoff to start getting signatures.

Go here Petition Signing Locations to find a location near you.

Get 10 people to sign with you, and tell them to get 10 more, etc.

We also still need volunteers and donations.

Come on CA, don't just sit back and bitch about our fucked up state. Do something!

Thanks for your support!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump.

Spread the word CA members. We're going to need 400,000+ signatures per referendum petition to make this happen.

Find Your Signing Location

Let's get it done!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#18]
All signing locations have been temporarily removed from the map until locations are stocked with petitions.

Please keep checking, and when your location is stocked it will show up on the map and you can go in and sign.

Thanks for your support!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Petitions are out. There are (7) individual petitions, (1) for each AB or SB that Moonbeam signed. Pass it on...
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, I have my forms. Don't know yet where I'm going to be, though; certainly multiple places in multiple counties.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm going this morning to sign. Tell everyone you know to get out and sign it!
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get them in the Antelope Valley? I'll take them to work and get a bunch of Sigs.

I know at least 90%+ are pro gun, that or I'll shame them in to it. Nothing like working in a male dominated industry and need something gun related done!

If I can print out QUALITY copies, that would work also. Just need a link or someone that has them.
View Quote

You can't print them . Your best bet is to go Here and join for LA County and post the question to see if you can get petitions.
Most petitions are hosted in gun stores and ranges but you may be able to get some, I'm not sure.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Signed this morning.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Apparently there are zero petitions in the Antelope Valley even though we have gun stores in Lancaster and Palmdale.

So, guess I'll have to wait until they contact me back. They're missing out on a lot of gun owners if they don't find someone local to set it up. I would but my job takes me out of town for a couple days at a time.

Wonder if Calguns has a local volunteer, there used to be a few local members on the board.
View Quote

Keep checking, they update as the petitions are delivered.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Great! Give them this Link so they can become a signing location.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Went to Bullet Barn in Upland to sign.  Theirs were filled up already and they are waiting for new ones.  That is good news I guess.

The range I frequent didn't have them.  The guy I was talking to seemed like they didn't want them because they see more hope in some lawsuits that we filed.  I have no idea what he is talking about, but was a little disappointed that anyone in the gun community would resist this effort.

I'll go back to sign this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Great to see this moving and I hope you guys really hammer it.

I shall bookmark this thread now that the petitions are out and I look forward to your progress.

Great to hear that folks have already signed. Spreading the word and a few buck for the cause if you can spare it would be most appreciated I bet.
These thing get expensive fast .
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:54:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm from Texas and am in Orange County working contract for a few months. Is residency a requirement to sign? I have the time and am HIGHLY motivated to help you guys!!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:05:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm from Texas and am in Orange County working contract for a few months. Is residency a requirement to sign? I have the time and am HIGHLY motivated to help you guys!!!!
View Quote

I believe it is CA registered voters, but ..... They need help I imagine. Many, many logistical things. It appears that someone in this thread might be able to direct you.
That is awesome if you could, I hope they get back to you and great of you to chip, it might make a big difference. Grassroots happen because people get involved.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry CA registered voters only.

If you have the time, the best way to help is sign up HERE.

Then you can post to that page offering your help.

Thanks for your support!  Fucking Texas rocks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#35]
NRA-ILA just sent me an email about the VetoGunmaggedon petition movement. Great to see them getting the word out...
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bump.

Spread the word CA members. We're going to need 400,000+ signatures per referendum petition to make this happen.

Find Your Signing Location

Let's get it done!
View Quote

Done. Signed them all yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Signed all of them today.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#39]
The Vetogunmageddon effort has failed.

We got about 1/4 of the signatures needed to pass.

Approximately 120,000 signatures in a state with about 8 Million gun owners, for what it's worth.

Time was not on our side, but lots of lessons learned and groups organized to continue the fight for our rights in CA.

We lost a battle, but the war goes on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Approximately 120,000 signatures in a state with about 8 Million gun owners, for what it's worth.

Time was not on our side, but lots of lessons learned and groups organized to continue the fight for our rights in CA.

View Quote

Is this a fact? The site says the count isn't current. And they're behind on counting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#41]
FUCK ME

Can't even get 2.5% of gun owners in CA to sign.

Lazy motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is this a fact? The site says the count isn't current. And they're behind on counting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We aren't current.  We're still collecting tomorrow and there's a lot of stuff that hasn't even been turned in.  Barry Bahrami's premature statement has hurt us, though. Almost all of the volunteers under me quit yesterday.  I'm pretty pissed.  I'll be collecting signatures at Turner's West Covina until the last minute.  Fight until the bloody end.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm collecting signatures and closing out the last two locations in West L.A. today.

There are thousands of more signatures yet to be checked and counted, but not enough to get us close to the magic number.

The fight continues...
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm collecting signatures and closing out the last two locations in West L.A. today.

There are thousands of more signatures yet to be checked and counted, but not enough to get us close to the magic number.

The fight continues...
View Quote

Damnit ...
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fuck California and FUCK CA gun owners, I'm done trying to help people that won't even help themselves!

What a bunch of sorry asses, they'll take a day off for everything but their rights! I hope they're happy when their doors get kicked in and all of their shit gets taken.
View Quote

I work in the AV and live in Valencia. I was surprised that between these two places there weren't many petition locations. Aren't there like 7 gun shops between these two cities? Looks like only two or three of them had petitions. Did the other gun shops even try to have them available or was it a shortage of volunteers? I signed the petitions but feel like I should have done more. This fucking state...most gun owners here probably don't give a shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top