Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2016 9:20:05 PM EDT
I've been notified of a 2nd Amendment Rally in LA off another forum I'm a member of.
I want to notify any interested members here but also want to respect forum rules and not create problems.
Can I post info here for you folks without violating any rules?

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]

You've got my permission.  I'm in NorCal but I'd like to know.  Because for all of the talk, I've heard nothing.

eta Well hell, hopefully it's not tomorrow.  It's getting late.  Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been notified of a 2nd Amendment Rally in LA off another forum I'm a member of.
I want to notify any interested members here but also want to respect forum rules and not create problems.

View Quote

Bout damn time. Truly tired of the Grade-A Fagotry that certain dipshits in GD have been giving Cali gun owners.

Time to take care of business. When and where?
This nice Italian suit won't show itself off baby!

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#3]

La Palma Park in LA
7/23/16
10am - 1pm pacific time

More info available at Lightfighter Tactical Forum

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

La Palma Park in LA
7/23/16
10am - 1pm pacific time

View Quote

LA or Anaheim?

I only find a la Palma park in Anaheim, but my google-foo may be weak.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LA or Anaheim?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

La Palma Park in LA
7/23/16
10am - 1pm pacific time

LA or Anaheim?

Anaheim. I'll be there.

LINK
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#6]
FB Link Link is dupe of above link...

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Anaheim. I'll be there.

LINK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

La Palma Park in LA
7/23/16
10am - 1pm pacific time

LA or Anaheim?

Anaheim. I'll be there.

LINK

Sorry for any misinformation
The email I received said LA

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Appreciate it. Thanks!

I'm gonna' keep looking for NorCal events.  If anyone hears anything please let us know.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
If anyone wants the pdf of the preliminary flyer for this event send me a PM.

Needs to be distributed to your local ranges, gun stores etc. in SoCal. (I will hit up Martin B.Retting and LAX on the Westside).
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

La Palma Park in LA
7/23/16
10am - 1pm pacific time

LA or Anaheim?

Anaheim. I'll be there.

LINK

In your defense they call everything within a 50 mile radius of the city of Los Angeles "LA". Locally LA is used to refer to the region, not the city. When referring to the actual city itself they either call it "LA city" or refer to specific neighborhoods such as Echo Park, Venice, or South Central.

And for outsiders it's a good frame of reference. Even Angelinos get confused when you mention Cudahy or Hawaiian Gardens, and they're pretty close to LA city.

Anaheim is Orange County but still considered part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. It's also extremely Conservative. Not a bad place to hold the rally.

So no need to apologize, we appreciate the information. This crap got signed at the beginning of a four day weekend so we're all still trying to figure it out. All the "fuck California gun owners" BS going on in GD is frustrating because those basement dwellers can't seem to comprehend that. We appreciate you bringing something constructive to the conversation.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody up for an arfcom meet-up at the rally? I already blocked myself off from work so I'll definitely be there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anybody up for an arfcom meet-up at the rally? I already blocked myself off from work so I'll definitely be there.
View Quote

I'm in.  I'll be coming from Oceanside.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

La Palma Park in LA
7/23/16
10am - 1pm pacific time

LA or Anaheim?

Anaheim. I'll be there.

LINK

No worries thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Needs to be distributed to your local ranges, gun stores etc. in SoCal. (I will hit up Martin B.Retting and LAX on the Westside).
View Quote

Pm sent. I'll be distributing it around Oceanside.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. We just have to find a landmark to meet. Hopefully somebody more familiar with Anaheim has a suggestion, otherwise as we get closer to the event we'll just have to pick a spot nearby. I'm about 45 minutes away in Rancho Cucamonga but fairly new to CA so not too familiar with Anaheim other than the stadium.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Replied thanks
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

PM inbound

Count me in fellas
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I had an issue with the attachment so I forwarded it to you from the email as it was sent to me.

Climbhigher23 PM me your email.

BTW, there's also a rally in the works for San Diego area. It was the 30th but nothing solid yet. Will post update when I have more info.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had an issue with the attachment so I forwarded it to you from the email as it was sent to me.

BTW, there's also a rally in the works for San Diego area. It was the 30th but nothing solid yet. Will post update when I have more info.
View Quote

Got your email with flyer. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep us posted. I'm in San Diego so that would be perfect
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will do.

I emailed you the flyer for July 23rd.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to hit the Anaheim rally I'll be driving form Oceanside and you're welcome to ride along.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#23]

If anyone hears anything about a Northern CA protest or rally let me know.  I can't find anything.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Why the hell do people think that Facebook is the place to get the word out? That place is so closed down that you might as well stand on a hill and shout for all you are worth, if you aren't a "member" there then you can't see shit and I'm not joining that fucked up, anti 2A site.

If you want people to go just post it like a normal human being and send it to all of the relevant forums.

And another thing, why isn't it being held outside a government building? A lonely, nondescript park in OC isn't really the venue that will attract other participants and certainly not the media. This thing needs to be big, not just average but BIG and I can't see it with this limited exposure and venue choice. I'm more than willing to take the day off and travel but I'd rather travel 6 hours to the Capitol than 2 hours to a playground.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why the hell do people think that Facebook is the place to get the word out? That place is so closed down that you might as well stand on a hill and shout for all you are worth, if you aren't a "member" there then you can't see shit and I'm not joining that fucked up, anti 2A site.

If you want people to go just post it like a normal human being and send it to all of the relevant forums.

And another thing, why isn't it being held outside a government building? A lonely, nondescript park in OC isn't really the venue that will attract other participants and certainly not the media. This thing needs to be big, not just average but BIG and I can't see it with this limited exposure and venue choice. I'm more than willing to take the day off and travel but I'd rather travel 6 hours to the Capitol than 2 hours to a playground.
View Quote

OP is just the messenger passing info. He's not even from California.  

I'm printing flyers and going around door to door to hand them out. Dropping them off at gunshops and ranges. Attending any events I can wherever they are no matter how big or small. Talking to co-workers and neighbors etc.

The wheel has to start turning somewhere to get things going.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm printing flyers and going around door to door to hand them out. Dropping them off at gunshops and ranges. Attending any events I can wherever they are no matter how big or small. Talking to co-workers and neighbors etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's why I didn't quote him. The way I see it is that, like everyone today, many of us gun owners lead busy lives because as a whole we tend to be productive beings. Too many events dilute the number of people available to go to all of them, a few major, well attended events would seem to have a more beneficial impact than many scattered gatherings. I travel constantly and find it difficult to get a day off for myself let alone actually go to anything at all.

Having said that, strangely enough I am in State that weekend and will come down.

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Orangefair mall and Fullerton metrocenter are about 3/4 of a mile north of the park on Harbor Blvd.

Might be a good place to park and walk there?  I don't know the area at all.  Anyone local to Anaheim or Fullerton chime in?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm trying to find more up to date info on this so can you either post a link, (cold), or IM it to me, I had a look around the site and couldn't find it. I would think that with something this important this place wouldn't mind if a link was posted?

EDIT: Never mind, got it.

Who else is going?

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:48:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Orangefair mall and Fullerton metrocenter are about 3/4 of a mile north of the park on Harbor Blvd.

Might be a good place to park and walk there?  I don't know the area at all.  Anyone local to Anaheim or Fullerton chime in?
View Quote

Looks like a good spot to park.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm trying to find more up to date info on this so can you either post a link, (cold), or IM it to me, I had a look around the site and couldn't find it. I would think that with something this important this place wouldn't mind if a link was posted?

Who else is going?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who else is going?

Just sent you a PM. I'm going and HDLS should be there too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who else is going?

I'm leaving Valencia at around 8 so should be there in plenty of time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#34]
It's gonna be hot so I won't be doing the suit anymore. But I figure a nice polo and slacks won't hurt
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:44:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Anybody meeting up?

I'll be there tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Leaving Oceanside about 0830.

Will be parking at orange fair/Fullerton metro center shopping center.

Then walking to the park.

Got delayed.  Enroute now. 0910.

I have a "shall not be infringed" sign with a bolt face logo on it too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I got three packs of water. Someone bring ice.

ETA: never mind. Rally is bigger and better stocked than I thought.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Great time today. I met up with HDLS, sysops666, burbanite, and jsmurphy62 and his son. This was the first time I actually met arfcommers in the wild. They really do exist!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Great time today. I met up with HDLS, sysops666, burbanite, and jsmurphy62 and his son. This was the first time I actually met arfcommers in the wild. They really do exist!
View Quote

Yes they do...  

Next time I'm hoping we have an even larger contingent from here, there are events coming up around the greater LA area that will be the next steps in taking back our rights. Be sure to attend.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also elcunning, codzilla, and codzilla's wife.

It was great to meet everyone.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring food next time. You can't have a rally without food.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Was great to meet you guys!

Very nice way to spend a Saturday, with like-minded patriots, planning to take our state and country back.

Let's make the next one even bigger and better!  (With food...)
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#44]

It was great to meet you guys in real life.  I will see some of you again at the next rally.  But I hope the rallies start to gather more support.  There should have been at least 1000 people there today.  I will do my part and get more shooters out.  

Also, as I have said before we need to start holding rallies at the home offices of some of these politicians.  They need to start to hear us loud and clear.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I heard about it through Facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard about it through Facebook.

I didn't but I still managed to be there. As moderator of our HTF I'm surprised you had to rely on a pact with the devil to see something that was posted here on July 3rd. Look, I realize how powerful social media can be but as we have all seen, especially over the past couple of days, that Facebook and Twitter are so far in bed with the Dems that they are our absolute enemy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top