BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have questions concerning a possible sale to a CA resident.

I have been approached by numerous CA guys about purchasing a AR-10 that I have for sale in the EE.
I've told them sorry but it's not a CA compliant firearm and that was the end of it.

I've had a recent contact that wants me to ship the upper to his address in CA and the lower to a FFL in NV for modification into a compliant lower.
The AR has a fixed stock, 18" barrel with BattleComp muzzle device, pistol grip and no bullet button.

Question 1:  Can I legally ship the upper with the BattleComp to him in CA?
Question 2:  Is it legal, It seems logical that it would be, for me to ship the lower to a FFL in NV so they can make it CA compliant and then they can make the transfer to the buyer's FFL in CA?
Question 3:  The sale includes 2 - 10 rd mags.  Is this legal as well?

I'd really like to see some serious responses to this as I'd like to sell this rifle.
I also hate that you CA guys have to go through all this BS.
View Quote

Why don't you sell him the firearm with no mag release installed, that way when it gets to the ffl he can buy and install the BB himself. Would that be illegal?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have questions concerning a possible sale to a CA resident.

I have been approached by numerous CA guys about purchasing a AR-10 that I have for sale in the EE.
I've told them sorry but it's not a CA compliant firearm and that was the end of it.

I've had a recent contact that wants me to ship the upper to his address in CA and the lower to a FFL in NV for modification into a compliant lower.
The AR has a fixed stock, 18" barrel with BattleComp muzzle device, pistol grip and no bullet button.

Question 1:  Can I legally ship the upper with the BattleComp to him in CA?
Question 2:  Is it legal, It seems logical that it would be, for me to ship the lower to a FFL in NV so they can make it CA compliant and then they can make the transfer to the buyer's FFL in CA?
Question 3:  The sale includes 2 - 10 rd mags.  Is this legal as well?

I'd really like to see some serious responses to this as I'd like to sell this rifle.
I also hate that you CA guys have to go through all this BS.
View Quote

1. Yes
2. Yes, I have done this
3. Yes
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just a head up. We are now setup to install a BB on any AR ordered to be shipped to CA. Will will sub a 10 round Mag. No charge just order and we will pick up the CA address and add the BB. We have a Mfg FFL to legally do this.
View Quote

Thanks for doing this. I know a few of us here have been keeping Primary Arms busy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I like checking out what cool ways Cali gun owners are getting around this crap like us in NYS. Thorsden and Thousand Islands Armory (who sells NYS/Cali parts, +free ship and no cali tax for you guys being in NY) are probably the best 2 to get stuff directly. Any one know of other cool products that might help? BTW, Will Primary Arms install the prince 50 for NYS? or other magazine lock device (bullet button not legal here)?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a "new bullet button"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedaFH6pC1o

I like this but I still think it's total bullshit that we have to jump through these hoops.
Did he call it a clip? And did he call the rear take down pin an extended mag catch?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top