Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a cluster fuck for sure. It will be fought in court, we will win and then it will be over turned a year or two later.
I told my wife a month ago that I was going to move after I retire and our son graduates from HS,
She will follow and so with our other kids because they can't get too far away from the hand that feeds them.
WE LOVE MONTANA
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just glad they're targeting small business.  especially ones like mine that sell the most regulated items in the nation.

It's been a good run.  I'm gonna have to pack up shop and move mfg elsewhere.  

It's most disgusting and offensive that this passed on the eave of the 240th anniversary of our independence.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys,

I live in Montana and I have plenty of room to store things, until such time you can get out of dodge and I will be more than happy to ship it back to you when you are out of the state, the last AWB, I stored over a hundred guns for guys and they all have them back.

So that is an option I will just throw out there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope.

Not running and per the wisdom here nobody wants CA gun owners.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RECOMMENDATION:  You've lost.  Just admit it, pack up, and leave.  There are places in the U.S. that want to have you.  California is not one of them.

Nope.

Not running and per the wisdom here nobody wants CA gun owners.

I'm sure I speak for many of my fellow Texans in saying that, if you are a conservative Constitutionalist, we don't give 2 shits what state you come from.

But yeah, if you aren't then definitely stay there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, we are now screwed.  The guv signed nearly all pending bills into law this morning.  Other than the 80% bill, the other ones vetoed are somewhat insignificant.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guys,

I live in Montana and I have plenty of room to store things, until such time you can get out of dodge and I will be more than happy to ship it back to you when you are out of the state, the last AWB, I stored over a hundred guns for guys and they all have them back.

View Quote

Same here.....not that anyone would trust some random internet dude from Texas. But it's open if needed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guys,

View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn  glad I'm fixing to close on a property not in Califastlan, about a month out.  I'll still reside here for a while but most of my "evil" guns will reside at the new property. I'll likely hold one or two back in reserve and register them as CA assault weapons just so I can run the factory mag release, sure gonna need that with 10 round mags! Besides the other guns there will be a fair supply of 30 rounders moving out of state too.

Damn CA nazis, I mean democraps.

Once I get the house fixed up, painted etc I'll probably punch out for the new residence.  Retirement is close and then I'll have plenty of time for painting, fixing and updating in preparation for selling.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Stealing a firearm worth less than $950.00 is now a misdemeanor? This makes less sense than all the other bills combined. It encourages thievery by reducing the penalties.

So...........You sell your semi-auto rifles worth $949.00 or less to shady looking underworld types for cash............

Knowing that they are nefarious and up to no good, you report the firearms as stolen and if they get caught with them they only get a misdemeanor charge? You get to recoup part of your investment and the world is a safer place..................!

What could go wrong?

Without fair and full compensation very few people will give their guns to the government. Other options are always available, some of them legal and honorable, some of them not. Unintended consequences always follow the road to Hell paved by good intentions.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
When do these things go into effect, does anyone know? I have some stuff I need to ship out, and ammo to ship in.

ETA: I guess the one twisted benefit to this is I can finally take the damn bullet-button off my AR since I'll have to register it as an AW anyway.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]
We need more votes on our side in VA.  Plenty of jobs in the Northern part of the state.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stealing a firearm worth less than $950.00 is now a misdemeanor? This makes less sense than all the other bills combined. It encourages thievery by reducing the penalties.

View Quote

That's the purpose of the bill.

Are you just now noticing that these people want you to basically fuck off and die?  (well, after wringing you dry, anyways)
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still here in Riverside. Got renewed for a 2nd year that will start in September.

Bought a glock 19 yesterday (yay)! Pick it up the 11th.  

Flying home next weekend. Going to take most of the firearms out here home with me.

I bought the M14 out here. Guessing I'll have to register or take it home.

I'll leave the pump shotgun here and have the glock. Couldn't carry much more than that anyway.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought a complete lower online from Riflegear.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]
You folks in CA, need to be standing on the steps of the State house and the Capitol and tell them, NO, we will not allow you to take our guns away.  Governor Brown, needs to know, this is no longer a joke!

Until we start standing up to these people, it will continue to happen, they are making us all criminals and they are not punishing the real criminals.

This is really starting to get out of hand,  As Nancy said,

JUST SAY NO!

And do it today!
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry if this is a FAQ but can Californians easily sell their guns across state lines?  I'm wondering if these new laws will cause a market influx of Californian guns.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I urge you guys to not get rid of any of your mags or guns and don't register your guns as assault weapons. They have gone too far and it's time to say fuck these people. Our ancestors didn't fight and die in the American Revolution for some stupid liberals to take away the rights they fought for . Enough is enough. We shouldn't be forced to move because of some stupid gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is a FAQ but can Californians easily sell their guns across state lines?  I'm wondering if these new laws will cause a market influx of Californian guns.
View Quote

Unlikely.

But your local store may have less inventory as rifles are sent to the California market. It's going to be crazy until Jan 1
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I urge you guys to not get rid of any of your mags or guns and don't register your guns as assault weapons. They have gone too far and it's time to say fuck these people. Our ancestors didn't fight and die in the American Revolution for some stupid liberals to take away the rights they fought for . Enough is enough. We shouldn't be forced to move because of some stupid gun laws.
View Quote

If you don't have a RAW, register at least one. Gives you more options.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry brothers.  Having read many of the news stories, it is a horrible day for freedom.  I'm sorry.

I lived in Illinois briefly and promptly GTFO mostly because of the gun laws.

Went back home to MO.

Sorry again.  My condelences.

I know it's easy just to say "just move".  I know I couldn't.  But if you are considering, MO is truly a free state right now.  Feel free to IM me if anyone is considering here.  We can even hunt deer with a suppressed AR if one wishes.  I'm not bragging, just giving an example.

Sorry again guys.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Greetings Brothers and Sisters behind enemy lines,

Wow, I can't believe how FAST the bills went through the Senate and off the govs' desk. Really sorry that all the efforts you good guys have put forth were stomped by the numbers of anti-freedom politicians and demographiscs you're stuck with. Being an activist in CA must be a VERY discouraging job.

Anyway, I'm trying to get the word out to people here in PA, etc. regarding what happened in CA and how the left would like that in every state.

Could someone please explain to me the quote below about "registering" a firearm as an "AW"? What does that entail, what are the positives and negatives? Do you end up being able to keep, use, etc. a "standard" config AR for example?

I'd sent emails to your gov, etc. noting we'd be NOT spending any time or $ in the state (did the same for CO at their last go around) until it recognized the individual rights that are beyond gov to take away. I'm sure they just ended up in the trash bin. We have relatives in San Diego and also up some where around San Fran and wanted to take a trip to visit both areas. Sorry, but I'll spend my hard earned $ in a free state.

If there's anything friends in PA or other free states can do to help, just let me know. Mag exchange (old vs new?), ammo exchange? No real ideas here but I can't stay up to date on all the goings on out there.

Well, ya'll hang tough, do what you have to do and remember the rest of the US has NOT forgotten you and actually does sympathize about the situation. The realists among us also understand that CA is sort of the "beta test" phase of the plan before the national roll out.

Regards, Jim

Quoted:

If you don't have a RAW, register at least one. Gives you more options.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:48:06 AM EDT
[#22]
he was a fucking dick when he was here, hasn't changed much.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know.  I'll probably get rid of all my rifles.
View Quote

going to sell mine cheap to gang-bangers in Santa Ana, Get their pictures, report a burglary and stolen guns

The again I have friends in AZ, cousin in NV and family in South Carolina.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:15:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are you just now noticing that these people want you to basically fuck off and die?  (well, after wringing you dry, anyways)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't prop 47 drop it to a misdemeanor sometime ago and they were trying to up it to a felony to correct the mistake?

Also, increasing the time frame and penalty for theft of firearm reports, in my opinion, is to reduce the number of people using the excuse their firearms were stolen as a means of not registering.  I didn't read it close enough, but I guess there will be a rise in boating accidents.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys,
I've been working round the clock and did not hear what happened. Can anyone fill me in on what just happened in California? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#26]
SHALL.
NOT.
BE.
INFRINGED.

what in the name of heaven or hell do these dictators not understand?

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Could someone please explain to me the quote below about "registering" a firearm as an "AW"? What does that entail, what are the positives and negatives? Do you end up being able to keep, use, etc. a "standard" config AR for example?

View Quote

Last time registration was done by mail.  This time it will be done online. it will cost about $35.00 per person wether one rifle or 100. Husband and wife can co-register.

The positives are you get to keep and continue to legally enjoy your rifle until you die. Plus, if it had one of those silly bullet button the magazine locks, this new law considers that a detachable mag, so its not needed. once registered you can instal a normal mag release, collapsable stocks flash hider whatever...legally.

The negative is your telling the state you own a rifle and it will cost you about $35.00.  Of course they probably already know from when you bought the rifle/lower.

everyone needs to make there own decisions on what to do. Ive got some guns registered in this state, some guns registered in my prior state, some guns registered in neither state.  Heres what I'm going to do. Im going to use this opportunity to acquire new lowers and rifles, which i will equip with standard mag releases after i register them as AW's. Its an opportunity to add to me collection of existing registered AWs from last time. those guns are getting pretty beat up so its nice to be able to build a bunch of new rifles and not have to use a bullet button type device.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey guys,
I've been working round the clock and did not hear what happened. Can anyone fill me in on what just happened in California? Thanks!
View Quote

Ban on mail order ammo.

Ban on possession of "hi cap" magazines ($100 ticket if you get caught after July 2017.)

Ban on loaning guns to anyone but same household/family.

Redefining of detachable mag to include bullet button type devices, triggering new registration window for such equipped rifles. net result will be millions of new registered assault rifles followed by landfills full of discarded bullet buttons.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Didn't prop 47 drop it to a misdemeanor sometime ago and they were trying to up it to a felony to correct the mistake?

Also, increasing the time frame and penalty for theft of firearm reports, in my opinion, is to reduce the number of people using the excuse their firearms were stolen as a means of not registering.  I didn't read it close enough, but I guess there will be a rise in boating accidents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, prop 47 reduced theft of a firearm to a misdemeanor. Brown vetoed the bill that would make it a felony again.  yes they toughened the penalties for false report of lost or stolen firearm.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ban on mail order ammo.

Ban on possession of "hi cap" magazines ($100 ticket if you get caught after July 2017.)

Redefining of detachable mag to include bullet button type devices, triggering new registration window for such equipped rifles. net result will be millions of new registered assault rifles followed by landfills full of discarded bullet buttons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

You forgot ban on buying ammo out of state and bringing it in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That one is bad, they didn't do that in ny yet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

That one is bad, they didn't do that in ny yet

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

Yeah, that ones unenforcible. I gotta buy a lifetime supply of ammo between now and 2017.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#34]
It is just handgun ammo right?  I thought it was centerfire only at first, but rimfire is included : (
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#35]
What jackbooted thugs will enforce these unconstitutional laws? I know there is california police on this forum. The rules dont apply to them though. So what do they think? I wont comply, never will.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not a Californian but I had to come up to you're guys page and see about these new laws. Here in WA things are getting worse too. And I definitely get the anger at posts like the OPs. When that bill got passed here requiring all transfers to go through an FFL, there was quite a few of the "eff Washington, and you guys lost the battle" kind of comments. We lost that vote by something 52 to 48 percent. We DID fight. You guys have even stiffer odds when it comes to these things. Anyways just wanted to say I feel for you guys!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It is just handgun ammo right?  I thought it was centerfire only at first, but rimfire is included : (
View Quote

All ammo.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What jackbooted thugs will enforce these unconstitutional laws? I know there is california police on this forum. The rules dont apply to them though. So what do they think? I wont comply, never will.
View Quote

Same as NY where the individual officers will cry "we didn't pass these laws" and "we support the 2nd amendment" but will continue to make arrest for things that are legal in the majority of states and were legal in your own state a short time ago. Don't kid yourselves, the cops are not on our side and despite any personal feelings, will do what they're told to keep their badge and pension. I assume there is a police exemption as well so if it's anything like NY individual officers will continue to stockpile items the rest of us commoners are no longer allowed to possess.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ban on mail order ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

You're assuming more people will register instead of going featureless or using the new bullet button?

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ban on mail order ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

The new laws state that you cannot remove bullet buttons from rifles that were purchased after 2001, you must keep them on the firearm and still register it as an assault rifle with the state. It prohibits any new firearms from having a detachable magazine. I'm not sure what led you to believe that it is okay to now remove your existing bullet buttons.

ETA: AB 1135

"The bill would require a person who,  between  January  1,  2001,  and  December  31,  2016,  inclusive, lawfully  possessed  an  assault  weapon  that  does  not  have  a  fixed magazine, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, and who, on or after January 1, 2017, possesses that firearm, to register the firearm by July 1, 2018."
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The new laws state that you cannot remove bullet buttons from rifles that were purchased after 2001, you must keep them on the firearm and still register it as an assault rifle with the state. It prohibits any new firearms from having a detachable magazine. I'm not sure what led you to believe that it is okay to now remove your existing bullet buttons.

"The bill would require a person who,  between  January  1,  2001,  and  December  31,  2016,  inclusive, lawfully  possessed  an  assault  weapon  that  does  not  have  a  fixed magazine, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, and who, on or after January 1, 2017, possesses that firearm, to register the firearm by July 1, 2018."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

Redefining of detachable mag to include bullet button type devices, triggering new registration window for such equipped rifles. net result will be millions of new registered assault rifles followed by landfills full of discarded bullet buttonPs.

The text of the law treats a magazine lock and a standard magazine catch identically. But leave your bullet button on if it makes you feel safer. Mine won't have them once registered

Your opinion is based on the incorrect assumption you can make an assault weapon more assaulty by modifying the type of detachable magazine.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey guys you are welcome in Alabama.  I'm sorry to hear California has gone full Nazi. I like California but if you cant live free there then whats the point
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in Arizona right now looking at houses.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Same here.....not that anyone would trust some random internet dude from Texas. But it's open if needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys,

Thanks for the offers.

I am considering buying rental property in another state to store items, given I can't leave the state. Probably NV or AZ, but UT is also within driving distance

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ban on mail order ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

It doesn't ban online ammo orders. They have to be delivered to a licensed vendor who can charge a $10 fee to process the transfer.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Ban on mail order ammo.

Ammo can still be brought into the state under SB 1235, it just has to be delivered to a licensed vendor to process it first. It'll be handled the same as internet orders, we'll just have to make arrangements to have it shipped.

New residents can bring ammo into the state without delivering it to a licensed vendor as long as it was acquired prior to becoming a resident (I included a couple of the exemptions below, there are 16 total).

30368. (a) Commencing July 1, 2019, a resident of this state shall not bring or transport into this state any ammunition that he or she purchased from outside of this state unless he or she first has that ammunition delivered to an ammunition vendor in this state for delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 30366.

(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following bringing or transporting into this state any ammunition:

(11) A person who purchases the ammunition from an immediate family member, spouse, or registered domestic partner if the person brings or transports into this state no more than 50 rounds.

(13) A person that at the time he or she acquired the ammunition was not a resident of this state.

(15) A licensed hunter who purchased the ammunition outside of this state for use in a lawful hunting activity that occurred outside of this state if the person brings or imports no more than 50 rounds into this state and the ammunition is designed and intended for use in the firearm the hunter used in that hunting activity.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I hate seeing this, gents. I just sold my house in Oceanside last year and as some of you know, my father in law is an assemblyman that voted against every one of these bills.

Did they ban sales of reloading supplies too?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hate seeing this, gents. I just sold my house in Oceanside last year and as some of you know, my father in law is an assemblyman that voted against every one of these bills.

Did they ban sales of reloading supplies too?
View Quote

Not yet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Thanks for the offers.

I am considering buying rental property in another state to store items, given I can't leave the state. Probably NV or AZ, but UT is also within driving distance

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys,

Thanks for the offers.

I just got back from Western Arizona this weekend looking at second homes.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top