Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:20:40 AM EDT
For those that missed it, not to long ago the SacBee posted an article about CCW permits being issued in large numbers in Sacramento. Link. They also pointed out that in CA, it is not uncommon to see red counties issuing CCW's but that Sacramento was the only blue county that issued in large numbers. And not only was it a blue county, but that Sac has the third highest numbers of CCW's in the state! Oh no's!

Shortly after the butt hurt started to flooooooow from the SacBee, see here and their cartoon here.

The popular story on CalGuns was that this was all a political move as Sheriff Scott Jones was going after Ami Bera's in this years election. Maybe related, maybe not, but shortly later all new CCW appointments got canceled in Sacramento due to budgeting. This got CalGuns going and they actually got KCRA to due this story on the news at 6pm last night.  Which prompted Sheriff Jones to post this saying his stance on CCW is unchanged and they will continue issuing in July with the new budget.

I expect more "blood in the streets" lies from the SacBee as the election gets closer, but with 8,000 people and counting having something they would not like to loose, the pressure to keep our side happy is growing and starting to show as well
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If I lived in Sac county, I would be worried about what happens when Sheriff Jones moves on.

Tom
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The level of ignorance displayed in the cartoon is profound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top