Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2016 7:53:14 PM EDT
Sure,

I've been to Moonrocks in Nevada,  Spenceville Shooting Range & The Stupid Spot up north.  But what else am I missing?

The best experience I've ever had was when we brought the BBQ & spent the whole afternoon shooting the place up.  There was NOBODY else out there so we just walked the range & performed some drills.  Did running gunning & 3-Gun competition without guns 2 & 3.

Reactive targets are the bomb!

https://youtu.be/q9iQCgyqpDQ

I'm thinking of a beautiful woodsy area with a flat ground area.  I've heard that off Mormon Emigrant Trail / Iron Mt. Road near Placerville has some spots.  

You can always Instant Message (IM) me if privacy is an issue.  I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
There is also The Quarry in Foresthill.

Another time we met Dad and his 8-year-old with his 1 shotgun.  I pulled out my mechanical skeet machine & Remington 870, and we had an impromptu competition!    He then pulled out his 15 different AR's & AK's.

I agree that if we pack it in, we must pack it out.  I try to leave the area cleaner than I found it.

I was getting rather frustrated with the lack of results on this thread.  But luckily I looked elsewhere too.  I even had a similar post deleted.  But continued searching leaded results.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You get a place figured out let me know...I need to get out of the house sometime soon...
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sure,

I've been to Moonrocks in Nevada,  Spenceville Shooting Range & The Stupid Spot up north.  But what else am I missing?

The best experience I've ever had was when we brought the BBQ & spent the whole afternoon shooting the place up.  There was NOBODY else out there so we just walked the range & performed some drills.  Did running gunning & 3-Gun competition without guns 2 & 3.

Reactive targets are the bomb!

https://youtu.be/q9iQCgyqpDQ

I'm thinking of a beautiful woodsy area with a flat ground area. I've heard that off Mormon Emigrant Trail / Iron Mt. Road near Placerville has some spots.  

You can always Instant Message (IM) me if privacy is an issue.  I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

View Quote

Going East on Highway 50 out of Placerville, take the Sly Park exit, right turn towards Jenkins lake. Maybe 5-7 miles you will see entrance to Jenkins lake and Country store across street. About 3/10th of mile, make a left on Mormon immigrant/Iron mountain rd.

About 5 miles drive up on Rt will be Information Booth parking, Take the next logging trail on Right. It should be the one banking to left as you drive down.

Many places to wheel and shoot/ Camp on Iron mountain rd. Take your shit with you when you leave as it pisses me off that people are lazy fucks in this area.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]
 It's called Bonetti Rd.  Too far for me.  There's even videos on YouTube of exactly how to get there.  You'll need it, cuz there's no street signs.  GPS & IPhone make an option.

I agree that folks are leaving the place a mess.  Lot's of negative reviews.  That "other" site, Calguns.net has a number of threads.

There is also The Quarry in Foresthill.  All told that is 4 within driving distance.  But all are 1 to 1.5 hours away.  I have to make it an all day event.  Bring the skeet shooter, the AR's, the pistols, and the BBQ.  Leave the beer at home, cokes instead.

I went up there this past Saturday & a family was there with their 4 kids.  They were having a blast.  Made me miss mine.

Thank you.

Spenceville is still the best place around for me.  The weekends are a zoo.  Weekdays are fantastic!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top