Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2016 10:31:13 AM EDT
Hello,

At the beginning of may I am moving to pleasent hill ca. I will be starting my new job at a gun shop in Fairfield. Will I have trouble getting a cpl in pleasent hill?  I know it's a shall issue state.  And if someone can point me in the direction of the best place to brush up on my CA gun laws that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Also any other tips or comments about the area would be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I can't believe self defense isn't a valid reason for requesting one.  What else is there?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this a new shop or is it the Gun Exchange in Cordelia. Just curious....

Solano County(where Fairfield is) is also a shall issue county but one has to have "strong reasonable cause". Don't know what that involves....

Quoted:
Hello,

At the beginning of may I am moving to pleasent hill ca. I will be starting my new job at a gun shop in Fairfield. Will I have trouble getting a cpl in pleasent hill?  I know it's a shall issue state.  And if someone can point me in the direction of the best place to brush up on my CA gun laws that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Also any other tips or comments about the area would be helpful.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Pleasant Hill city council seems to have made gun control at a retail/dealer level a priority of theirs over the past few years. The county you will move to is not CCW friendly, and you will find the process extremely difficult. That said, welcome to CA; you'll be moving nearby.

ETA: check your firearms before entering the state. Don't transport them loaded, don't transport handguns outside of a locked container (the glove box or utility box does not count, but your locked trunk is lawful to transport in). You can't bring in any magazines over 10 rounds capacity, no threaded barrels on your pistols, and your semi-automatic rifles with pistol grips, flash suppressors, or a number of other features will need the magazine release modified to prevent tool-less release of the magazine. Here's a good start to look up info: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_11/212690_and_9733California_Firearms_and_Weapons_Primer___check_here_for_CA_weapons_laws_pleaseand_9733.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll be limited to buying pistols which are on the approved list. However you can import anything you want (still limited on mag size). As such, I would suggest that if you have any pistols on your wishlist you buy them now and bring them in as an importer. You'll be less than 10 minutes away from me. Welcome to Cali!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:30:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this a new shop or is it the Gun Exchange in Cordelia. Just curious....

Solano County(where Fairfield is) is also a shall issue county but one has to have "strong reasonable cause". Don't know what that .
View Quote

Yes it's cordelia.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#7]
How is the area? It's seems people from there love it...but outsiders bash it...
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How is the area? It's seems people from there love it...but outsiders bash it...
View Quote

It's nice. Higher priced than the surrounding areas, but tends to be a lot quieter. Has a smaller town feel (aside from the gun control nuts on the city council)
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Enjoy the $5 a day toll to cross the Benecia bridge.

Seriously, if you are working in Solano County, look for a place in Vacaville.  Better CCW situation, little cheaper housing costs, and a small town feel.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Dude...I dont care. I get to work at a gun shop.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thanks. I can't believe self defense isn't a valid reason for requesting one.  What else is there?
View Quote

"Self defense" is now a valid option for CCW due to the rules changing.  Before it was limited

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the front line, where the politicians, law enforcement, your neighbors, your coworkers, and the rest of the country hate you for having a gun.
You'll find that obtaining anything in CA thats firearms related can be somewhat of a hassle.

If you haven't noticed by the colorful commentary on this forum, your convictions aren't as "tested" in other states where gun rights are plentiful. It usually leads one to being... "soft"
But in California It takes a certain kind of gun owner to live here. You need large cojones! Your beliefs and rights will be tested daily.
If you can breeze through the birthplace of the BS anti gun rhetoric then I salute you.

I'd rather hang around with a Real Californian gun owner, then some jackass complaining about how i should move to their state.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"Self defense" is now a valid option for CCW due to the rules changing.  Before it was limited

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on location

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you done your homework on the cost of living in the Bay Area?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP may just end up living in a gun shop....
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or using a gun to get his rent money.....

I cant imagine any gun shop position paying enough to allow one to live in the Bay Area.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You couldn't have picked a worst gun shop in the entire norther region to work in.  

I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You couldn't have picked a worst gun shop in the entire norther region to work in.  

I'll leave it at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll leave it at that.
Guns Fishing and Anal Rape is worse.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll leave it at that.

They do rape you on price what they don't do is take your money and never deliver.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They do rape you on price what they don't do is take your money and never deliver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll leave it at that.

Not only do they rape you on price, but the owner's son is a lying sack of shit.

As for Cordelia not delivering on paid orders, I can't comment as I don't know anything about it.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow...Diddnt think it would be the gun owners here in cali I'd have to worry about being dicks...those who offered legitimate advice, thanks.  Others need not worry about how I can "afford" to live here...I got this.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow...Diddnt think it would be the gun owners here in cali I'd have to worry about being dicks...those who offered legitimate advice, thanks.  Others need not worry about how I can "afford" to live here...I got this.
View Quote

Nobody is being a dick.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Friend, we CA gun owners are apparantly just a bit more traumatized over the Bay Area housing costs than you are.

We're not being dicks.  We're glad for every single right-minded gun owner who is willing to move into our once-fair state, and that includes you.

We just can't get over the cost of living in the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top