Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 6:56:21 PM EDT
Hello Californians, I'm flying to Santa Barbara with the Wife as she has business and I'm going to goof off.   What should I see and do?  I'm thinking rent a Harley for a day and spend time at the Reagan Ranch.   What else fora Kansas boy to see?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The harbor/breakwater is nice.

Brophie Brothers on the breakwater is pretty good. As is Chuck's waterfront.  

You can rent jet skis or kayaks stuff like that too.

A ride over San Marcos pass is fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The harbor/breakwater is nice.

Brophie Brothers on the breakwater is pretty good. As is Chuck's waterfront.  

You can rent jet skis or kayaks stuff like that too.

A ride over San Marcos pass is fun.
View Quote

Drive up the San Marcos pass and visit Solvang.  Buy yourself a souvenir from the knife shop there; they have great stuff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
SB zoo is nice if you are into that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy some sunglasses so your wife dont catch you staring at boobs! Santa Barbara = awesome
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess we are starting down in Oxnard, wife has a conference at the fort, any suggestions here?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess we are starting down in Oxnard, wife has a conference at the fort, any suggestions here?
View Quote

Hook line and sinker for seafood. Eggs n things for breakfast. Go to Ventura and check out a mission? Visit the beach
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#7]
tail end of the whale migration right now, cows and calves heading back north from Baja.  The Santa Barbara channel is their highway.  There's tours out of oxnard / ventura, and santa barbara.

Lots of very tasty pastry shops in Solvang.

Skip the Harley, idiot CA drivers will kill you while you are rubbernecking the scenery. 'settle' for a sporty convertible.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Skipped the idea of the bike rental, too much traffic.   Went to the Maritime museum as well as the commemorative air force yesterday.  I think I'll hit the Mullins car museum today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top