Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 2:31:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
How long does one have to wait before this becomes a matter for the police?  In this case, interstate commerce, it is a matter for the FBI and possibly the Postamaster General's  Office.

When does slow shipping turn into fraud and theft?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear that, man. Good luck
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
One suspicious characteristic of this fraudulent transaction was the method of payment.  I hesitate to buy anything, anywhere I cannot use my credit card.  There are several important consumer protections associated with credit card purchases which no other form of payment offers.

The other suspicious characteristic is the recent join date and low post count.  The low feedback count (4) could easily be shills (all three buyers had low post counts) or they're legit and he was just laying ground work for the future thefts.

You have my sympathies.  In the end, it's not about the money, it's about the violation of the "social contract" we share and criminals do not.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top