Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 10:05:01 PM EDT
Only two Colt pistols listed on it now. Colt Commander, and a Colt Python.

What the hell happened?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt made some slight changes to their lineup, dunno what changes, CA-DOJ said "F U" its a new gun, it needs to follow the new rules. (safeties up the wazoo, and microstamping)
So no more colts.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
They didn't change the regular O1991.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I think manufacturers have to recertify every few years (5?)  That's more cost for them to sell a few handguns.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think manufacturers have to recertify every few years (5?)  That's more cost for them to sell a few handguns.
View Quote

Something tells me that the lost revenue is more than the cost of recert.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know for sure, one way or the other.  Supposedly, the testing is expensive.  There is also the cost of at least two handguns which are tested (destructively tested).

There is also the issue of "Why bother?"  Perhaps, better put as, "How does this fit with our business plan?"

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
My understanding -- when a handgun is tested, and certified safe, no more testing is required, just the yearly extortion fee.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]
As a resident of kalifornia they have violated the Second Amendment. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. You can only poke free men and women so long before they exercise their right under the law and take back the State of California and insure the right to bear arms.
James Madison
“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
? James Madison, The Constitution of the United States of America
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My understanding -- when a handgun is tested, and certified safe, no more testing is required, just the yearly extortion fee.
View Quote

But then only that EXACT model is approved. Make even minor cosmetic changes and you have to re-certify (and it will have to meet the current "safety" standards).

The list is working exactly as designed, in another 5-10 years there will be almost no handguns available for sale in California.
And I believe they can make changes to the requirements to be listed via regulatory tweaks, no legislation needed.

So if somebody actually got microstamping to work and most gun manufacturers were able to offer a model that did it, the state would just add "smartgun" technology to the list requirements.

The goal is ZERO handgun sales in the state (ideally zero handgun ownership). Until the courts issue a smackdown, they will just keep full steam ahead toward achieving that.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
And if that POS Gavin Newsom gets his way we wont have any more semi autos and 80% lowers. Its getting time to get the hell out of this hole.

I wonder if these idiots have any clue how many unregistered guns there are in California.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
This year, I'm trying to finish my handgun buying. I'm taking no chances. Gonna try and get an FN Hi Power Mk. III, and a CZ-75 compact before the year is out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
80% 1911, 80% Glock, 80% AR....build away as fast as you can

Tom
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Things are getting ridiculous in California. Colt just released some cool new railed 1911's, but you won't be able to buy them California. Slowly, but surely, California's roster system is going to end up getting rid of everything. Plus, there is a slew of new legislation winding its way through the legislative process. It doesn't look good...at all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#14]
We need a complete and final supreme court decision on the Ca safety roster, on shall issue CCW, so called "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Intra family transfer. Fuck'm.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Intra family transfer. Fuck'm.
View Quote

Wish I was lucky enough.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Fucking commiefornia.

I really, really, really, wanted one of the SIG 220 10mm pistols when they came out. Money in hand.

Not a fucking chance.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We need a complete and final supreme court decision on the Ca safety roster, on shall issue CCW, so called "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines.
View Quote

Not sure I'd be holding my breath on that one.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I had heard that Colt was moving towards more CNC machining in the production of their 1911s, which was enough for CA to declare them "new models".
Similar thing happened to Ruger with the SR22.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Manufacturers can't re-certify gun with minor changes unless they include micro stamping which one company has a patent on the tech, so the manufacturers would have to either develop there own without infringing on the others patent or license the tech from them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Manufacturers can't re-certify gun with minor changes unless they include micro stamping which one company has a patent on the tech, so the manufacturers would have to either develop there own without infringing on the others patent or license the tech from them.
View Quote

The gun has to have a stamping feature.  It does not have to work.  It does not have to be robust.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess the mfg's are tired of paying this extortion fee. Good for them, and bad for us.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#23]
i moved away just a couple years ago but that roster seems really empty..am i reading it right that you cannot have Walther PPQ-M2's or glock 42's?
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, upgrade to a better polymer, thats a new gun. Change supplier for some springs, thats a new gun.  Oh you moved to a new factory, those are all new guns.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
i moved away just a couple years ago but that roster seems really empty..am i reading it right that you cannot have Walther PPQ-M2's or glock 42's?
View Quote

Zero guns are added to the roster now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

What the hell happened?
View Quote

Our Attorney General Kamala Harris implemented, at her discretion, the law that requires handguns submitted for safety testing to have a feature that exists on no gun manufactured anywhere on Earth:  Microstamping.

The intent is clear - The far left wants to incrementally eliminate all non-government use of firearms in our beleaguered state.

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#27]
So on topic, I just looked at the roster and noticed glock has to renew by next year. Will they be able to do this? Will gen 3 pistols still be ok since they've been in the roster for a while even with out the mag detach safety or micro stamping?

Jesus fucking Christ I can't even keep up with all these bullshit laws.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So on topic, I just looked at the roster and noticed glock has to renew by next year. Will they be able to do this? Will gen 3 pistols still be ok since they've been in the roster for a while even with out the mag detach safety or micro stamping?

View Quote

Everyone has to renew every year. When you are on the roster you are on the roster, just pay your yearly dues, you don't need to meet new mandates unless you make any non approved changes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:35:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

And Microstamping will be the death of new pistols in California.  That company has been lobbying hardcore in pretty much every state to get microstamping law.  Lucky for the rest of the country it's only passed in a few states.  No manufacture is going to build a pistol or rifle with microstamping anytime because of $$$$$$$$$$$$.  In my lifetime pistol will be backdoor banned because of this stupid list in California.  

I love being stationed here but at the same time I can't wait to leave to go back to "Free America".
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Everyone has to renew every year. When you are on the roster you are on the roster, just pay your yearly dues, you don't need to meet new mandates unless you make any non approved changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ah.. gotcha.. what was the reason behind S&W letting their M&Ps fall off then? didn't wanna deal with the bullshit? but they have a CA edition shield.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ah.. gotcha.. what was the reason behind S&W letting their M&Ps fall off then? didn't wanna deal with the bullshit? but they have a CA edition shield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They promised to get and keep a version of the shield on the roster. But past that, if they want to improve a pistol it will fall of the roster. Any changes and it will need to meet the new and impossible to meet guidelines. Only guns that have zero changes (minus cosmetic) can be renewed each year.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What the hell happened?
View Quote

Colt said FU California! And didn't submit anymore handguns for approval.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'd be more than happy if all the manufacturers stopped selling pistols to the governments of California.

Completely.

Imagine the reaction of the citizens.
View Quote
Would never happen. Folks are in it to make money. Colt Firearms was founded on the business model of government contracts, not selling to the masses. Same with just about every other gun company for that matter. S&W, Sig, Beretta, etc.... even Ruger coasted on government sales back in the day. Their Security/Service Six was primarily marketed to LE.

So if one company drops out and stops selling to CA Government, another will take their place.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No gun made on Earth meets the qualifications to be submitted for testing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had heard that Colt was moving towards more CNC machining in the production of their 1911s, which was enough for CA to declare them "new models".
Similar thing happened to Ruger with the SR22.
View Quote

I'll let the gun companies in on a little secret. You change the SKU number, it's a new model. keep the same SKU number it's not a new model. Find some other way of internally tracking minor changes in your products and they will quit getting dropped from the roster. Own worst enemies sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yup, upgrade to a better polymer, thats a new gun. Change supplier for some springs, thats a new gun.  Oh you moved to a new factory, those are all new guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only If they are dumb enough to change the SKU number
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd be more than happy if all the manufacturers stopped selling pistols to the governments of California.

Completely.

Imagine the reaction of the citizens.
View Quote

Yup!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top