Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 2:03:51 AM EDT
OK guys. I will be travelling to your fine state next week for the game. I won a package through work.

We land Saturday the 6th around noon. Need to figure out the best way to get from SFO to our hotel, San Francisco Marriot Marquis.

Several people have said to Uber, but are there other, better options? Was looking at BART, Is it decent? Looks like the Powell station is just around the corner from the hotel.

Was also told about Caltrain for game day. To get from the hotel to the ball park.

Anything else you fine people could tell me about how to get around?

We don't leave to go home until Wednesday. I know the wife wants to see Alcatraz, The Wax Museum and the Bridge. Are there any really must see attractions? I know we don't have tons of time, but we want to make the most of what we do have.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Uber is normally fantastic in SF, but I would be careful of Uber around the super bowl, they have that surcharge that jacks prices up when demand goes up, could turn out to be expensive on super bowl weekend. SF has plenty of cabs, and their rates are fixed, so I would plan using a cab if Uber is doing the surcharge thing.

Also if you want to see Alcatraz, get your tickets in advance as they sell out quick.
http://www.nps.gov/alca/planyourvisit/fees.htm

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uber is normally fantastic in SF, but I would be careful of Uber around the super bowl, they have that surcharge that jacks prices up when demand goes up, could turn out to be expensive on super bowl weekend. SF has plenty of cabs, and their rates are fixed, so I would plan using a cab if Uber is doing the surcharge thing.

Also if you want to see Alcatraz, get your tickets in advance as they sell out quick.
http://www.nps.gov/alca/planyourvisit/fees.htm

View Quote

Cool, that helps and Yeah I know about the surcharge and will keep that in mind.

Is the BART decent though? just for getting to and from the hotel from the airport?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top