Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2015 3:58:40 AM EDT
Hello all,  I'm military and will be here in California for about a year or so.  

I probably have too much to consider moving all of my firearms and ammo here but am curious about what I can bring here and how.

I want a few firearms around for general plinking and possible self defense, nothing crazy.  Of the ones I own the following which can I bring here?

Remington 11 12 ga, Bulgarian Makarov, Springfield 1911 milspec, glock 17/19, Ruger 22/45, remington 870, Garand, Mosin Nagant?

Which of those would be easiest/legal to bring to CA?  I know I'd need 10 rd mags for the glocks if I even can bring them.  

What about an AR/M1 Carbine/AK-47 variant?  Which is easiest to make compliant?  

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I probably have too much to consider moving all of my firearms and ammo here but am curious about what I can bring here and how.

I want a few firearms around for general plinking and possible self defense, nothing crazy.  Of the ones I own the following which can I bring here?

Remington 11 12 ga, Bulgarian Makarov, Springfield 1911 milspec, glock 17/19, Ruger 22/45, remington 870, Garand, Mosin Nagant?

Which of those would be easiest/legal to bring to CA?  I know I'd need 10 rd mags for the glocks if I even can bring them.  

View Quote

The handguns are fine*.  

The 870 is fine.

Thje M1 Garand is fine.

The M1 carbine is fine*.

It is very easy to bring an AR into compliance, unless the lower receiver is a named on "the list".  If it's on the list, DO NOT bring it as it cannot be made legal in any way.

*  No magazines that hold more than 10 rounds for either handgun or rifle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
What is a Military Assault Weapon Permit?
http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/regagunfaqs#1m

or just slap a Bullet button on them if they are not listed by name as prohibited.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based on our many visits to family in the Golden State. bullet button and 10 rd mags. OR walk in to any turners outdoors, do a 4473 and wait 10 days. Better yet, buy a  lower from any FFL.
When we travel there, on goes the BB along with 10rd mags. Handguns locked , again 10rd mags.  
Our favorites when traveling, The revolvers & lever actions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top