Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2015 1:37:37 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I'm having a hard time finding online retailers that meet the following criteria:

1) Have .22LR ammunition, at reasonable prices, every so often.

2) Are willing to ship to the city of Sacramento.

Lots of places seem to get .22LR every so often, and sell it for reasonable prices (Natchez, Aim, etc...), but aren't willing to ship to Sacramento. My preferred online ammo source, SGAmmo, doesn't seem to get .22LR. So, has anyone found any retailers that commonly get .22LR in stock, AND ship to Sacramento?

Thanks for your time; this has been frustrating, as there is no law preventing shipping ammo to Sacramento.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for inexpensive plinking ammo for tin cans or inexpensive target ammo, or what?

Target ammo has always been available from the usual places - Champion's Choice, Champion Shooters Supply, etc.  

If you are looking for plinking ammo, that's also available now.  Try one of the web-based applications that track availability.

Retailers who will not sell to customers in California are not worthy of your business, anyway.  It is ignorance on their part, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that in SAC county you have to provide ID and finger print to buy ammo.  

I have stuff shipped to my shop in CC county because yolo doesn't alow ammo or powder shipments either.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you looking for inexpensive plinking ammo for tin cans or inexpensive target ammo, or what?

Target ammo has always been available from the usual places - Champion's Choice, Champion Shooters Supply, etc.  

If you are looking for plinking ammo, that's also available now.  Try one of the web-based applications that track availability.

Retailers who will not sell to customers in California are not worthy of your business, anyway.  It is ignorance on their part, pure and simple.
View Quote

I am looking for plinking ammo, specifically Federal Automatch or Remington Golden Bullets for my Advantage Arms Glock conversions. Both of those rounds come up in the trackers fairly commonly, but I have yet to find them in stock at a business that will ship to Sacramento, although most are willing to ship to California in general.

I agree about businesses that are not willing to ship to California; I avoid them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I believe that in SAC county you have to provide ID and finger print to buy ammo.  

I have stuff shipped to my shop in CC county because yolo doesn't alow ammo or powder shipments either.
View Quote

That applies to transactions where the business is within the City of Sacramento. It doesn't apply to mail order or internet sales, and it doesn't apply to the county outside of the city (Calguns has some resources that address this).
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
It is tantamount to a trade embargo by pro-gun businesses that's directed at,... California shooters.

How fucking stupid is THAT?

Instead of a trade embargo, they should be running a "Berlin Air Lift".
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Your best bet other than SGammo is Cabela's. Otherwise have it shipped and held at a UPS distribution center just out side of the city, that's what I used to have to do when I lived DT Sac. Also Selway at least, used to ship to Sac as well. Good luck
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That applies to transactions where the business is within the City of Sacramento. It doesn't apply to mail order or internet sales, and it doesn't apply to the county outside of the city (Calguns has some resources that address this).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is accurate, unfortunately most business's see a law with "Ammo" and "Sacramento" written in it and opt not to sell, others just don't because it's Sacramento.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Your best bet other than SGammo is Cabela's. Otherwise have it shipped and held at a UPS distribution center just out side of the city, that's what I used to have to do when I lived DT Sac. Also Selway at least, used to ship to Sac as well. Good luck
View Quote

That's smart! Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
cabelas is good, wait for $5 shipping coupon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wait wut...No ammo or powder shipments to Yolo County any more????

<----former resident of Woodland

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I just bought some at Midway. ~ 8 cents a round. Not bad, Winchester 333 packs. I have a email alert setup with them to alert me when ever they get certain things on sale or in stock. I got another alert this week but checked my email too late, all gone. CCI velocitor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top