Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2015 12:41:57 PM EDT
Hello taco

Everyday for the past year has been a nightmare while driving the Prius.  don't get me wrong it's a great car and cheap to own.

It's the other idiot drivers on the road that think anyone who drives a Prius is a libtard or a gay man .

I've had kisses blown at me from other men in Prius , men make passes at me while working on their Prius ,
All kinds of crazy crap.  

Not a day has gone by without being cut off, passed by a truck and break checked all the while they point and laugh.

Yesterday I had a guy pull up alongside me and start giving me the bird then he cut me off and took out
The front of the Prius while going 80 mph down the road.  Then he rolls down his window and flips me off again and takes off.

The savings on fuel isn't worth my safety , back to a truck.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome back
View Quote

It feels good
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hello taco

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/Mike_Boles/AB595A31-B04B-445D-AF02-D7F17D4A15D1_zpsyoufmrt2.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/Mike_Boles/E6642B92-F0E5-4E64-B6D4-2ED15760781B_zpsb62zsptb.jpg

Everyday for the past year has been a nightmare while driving the Prius.  don't get me wrong it's a great car and cheap to own.

It's the other idiot drivers on the road that think anyone who drives a Prius is a libtard or a gay man .

I've had kisses blown at me from other men in Prius , men make passes at me while working on their Prius ,
All kinds of crazy crap.  

Not a day has gone by without being cut off, passed by a truck and break checked all the while they point and laugh.

Yesterday I had a guy pull up alongside me and start giving me the bird then he cut me off and took out
The front of the Prius while going 80 mph down the road.  Then he rolls down his window and flips me off again and takes off.

View Quote

and those were the guys with the BLFs
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello taco

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/Mike_Boles/AB595A31-B04B-445D-AF02-D7F17D4A15D1_zpsyoufmrt2.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/Mike_Boles/E6642B92-F0E5-4E64-B6D4-2ED15760781B_zpsb62zsptb.jpg

All kinds of crazy crap.  

The sad part is most of them are probably like minded.  

I have blown by Prius drivers going 60 in the left lane but never played stupid games in a car or truck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a nice ride, congrats on the Tacoma.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry about that.  I didn't recognize you.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The 2016 Taco is on my very short list ... along with the 4Runner and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

I have to put my ass in each to see what it feels like before I commit.
View Quote

The crawler option on the taco  beats all .
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I so want the 4Runner or Tacoma to fit me so I can avoid the Jeep. I know the Jeep is going to cost me a bunch more as customize it. The 4Runner can be customized a bit and the parts are twice as much as the Wrangler's because of the supply and demand. If Jeep would ever put a diesel in the Wrangler it's be over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:The crawler option on the taco  beats all .

I so want the 4Runner or Tacoma to fit me so I can avoid the Jeep. I know the Jeep is going to cost me a bunch more as customize it. The 4Runner can be customized a bit and the parts are twice as much as the Wrangler's because of the supply and demand. If Jeep would ever put a diesel in the Wrangler it's be over.

For me it's cost to own including maintance. Toyota's are pretty much maintanance free so it's a no brainier .

Not to mention how long a Toyota will last over a jeep.

Tons of aftermarket stuff for toyota's as well.  

Not sure what you you mean by fit me unless your ass is huge
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats!

Debating heading down to the dealership and taking one of the 2016s for a spin.

My 2010 Tacoma has been a good truck so far.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Congrats!

Debating heading down to the dealership and taking one of the 2016s for a spin.

My 2010 Tacoma has been a good truck so far.
View Quote

You won't be sorry so do it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got one ordered already ;) it's currently being built and should be here in two weeks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been where you are.  I had a Fiat 500 Sport for about 3 years.  I actually liked the car.  I got it for $14k new, got 40 mpg and fun to drive.  It got me attention I didn't want.  I have a real car now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been where you are.  I had a Fiat 500 Sport for about 3 years.  I actually liked the car.  I got it for $14k new, got 40 mpg and fun to drive.  It got me attention I didn't want.  I have a real car now.
View Quote

I've thought about a 500 a few times. My mom works for a dealership that sells Nissan, Kia, Fiat and Alfa. A 500e is tempting for the low price at dealer cost and my work offers $5 a month for electric car charging. It really would be a smart choice, but I'm just not sure I can do it. Plus Fiat family pricing extends to Chrysler, and the new Jeep Grand Cherokees gets good gas mileage when compared to my 10mpg Dakota.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I've owned both Jeep and Toyota, currently a Lexus, Jeep and *gag*, Ford.

I think sticking with Toyota is the way to go. Whenever I retire I'm going to upgrade my Lexus.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#19]
This is my 4th taco and it's the best one yet. Tons of power,great ride and it's  getting 22.5 mpg.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is my 4th taco and it's the best one yet. Tons of power,great ride and it's  getting 22.5 mpg.
View Quote

Wow, the best I see out of my 2010 is 16.5 mpg (per my Ultragauge).

And mine is a 2wd access cab (one of the little 5 lug Tacomas….sorta)
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#21]
what kind of driving do you do for the 22.5 mpg average? I'm looking at getting rid of my 1/2 ton 4x4 14' ram. I'm getting 17 city and 22 hwy. curious if the tacos get what Toyota is claiming. A friend has a 15 GMC Canyon 4x4 and gets around 25 average doing the same driving I do. Thanks! Nice looking truck by the way! Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
what kind of driving do you do for the 22.5 mpg average? I'm looking at getting rid of my 1/2 ton 4x4 14' ram. I'm getting 17 city and 22 hwy. curious if the tacos get what Toyota is claiming. A friend has a 15 GMC Canyon 4x4 and gets around 25 average doing the same driving I do. Thanks! Nice looking truck by the way! Good luck.
View Quote

You name the condition and I drive it.  

Hills, traffic, long hauls and in town stop an go I do it all in a day.  

I've already put a 1000 miles on it in the wfirst week .
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hello taco

All kinds of crazy crap.  

View Quote

QUESTION:

"...He 'took out' the front of your Prius..." ?

Ran you off the road?

Please explain......

( You're goona LOVE that truck, BTW.... )

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

QUESTION:

Ran you off the road?

Please explain......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello taco

All kinds of crazy crap.  

QUESTION:

Ran you off the road?

Please explain......

So the guy pulls up next to me rolls his window down and flips me off then he turns left into me , clips the front end and I went off roadind in a construction zone.

Took out a shit ton of road cones then he holds his hand out the window flipping me off again and drives off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#25]
After running around town today.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:52:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So the guy pulls up next to me rolls his window down and flips me off then he turns left into me , clips the front end and I went off roadind in a construction zone.

Took out a shit ton of road cones then he holds his hand out the window flipping me off again and drives off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello taco

All kinds of crazy crap.  

QUESTION:

Ran you off the road?

Please explain......

Wow, he did that just because you were driving a Prius!

I almost bought one when my tranny went out two months ago, decided to get an overhaul instead. (Saturn, 190,000 miles "still going" ! )
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#27]
LMFAO my insurance went down $68 a month by getting rid of cumdrop and adding the truck.  

What's that tell you about the safety of driving a Prius
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My rational side KNOWS that Toyota is WAY more reliable than the Jeep. Hell Jeep is one of the lowest rated vehicles year-after-year and Fiat hasn't improved that record at all. UAW is making strike noises against Jeep so I just know that the worker's heart isn't in the body rolling down the assembly line now ... if ever.

But ... I like to wrench on stuff and had a ball building up my Nissan Xterra into an Xpedition vehicle. There's everything for the Jeep ... I need to check out some of the modifications that can be made to the Toyota Taco and 4Runner. My casual research shows their parts to be priced similar to the Xterra's ... approaching twice the cost of the Jeeps.

Rational: Toyota
Emotional: Jeep
ARF.COM: 'git both
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've owned both Jeep and Toyota, currently a Lexus, Jeep and *gag*, Ford.

I think sticking with Toyota is the way to go. Whenever I retire I'm going to upgrade my Lexus.

My rational side KNOWS that Toyota is WAY more reliable than the Jeep. Hell Jeep is one of the lowest rated vehicles year-after-year and Fiat hasn't improved that record at all. UAW is making strike noises against Jeep so I just know that the worker's heart isn't in the body rolling down the assembly line now ... if ever.

But ... I like to wrench on stuff and had a ball building up my Nissan Xterra into an Xpedition vehicle. There's everything for the Jeep ... I need to check out some of the modifications that can be made to the Toyota Taco and 4Runner. My casual research shows their parts to be priced similar to the Xterra's ... approaching twice the cost of the Jeeps.

Rational: Toyota
Emotional: Jeep
ARF.COM: 'git both

I feel ya. I know in my head that I should just sell the Jeep and buy a newer one if I want a tricked out off road rig. I am irrationally attached to that thing. I now understand why old men have rust bucket cars littering their property with the full intention of restoring former glory. At least my son drives mine around and tends to the upkeep even though she is looking a little rough.

I swear, and I mean I swear, one of these days I'm putting a small block in that TJ!
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm getting 13.4 mpg on my lifted/armored Xterra.
View Quote

I'm sure the taco wouldn't do much better with all the add ons.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm getting 13.4 mpg on my lifted/armored Xterra.
View Quote

Don't feel bad, my lifted/armored toyota 4x4 pickup gets ~11-12 mpg.
And had a whopping 115hp new in 1987, I am sure plenty have escaped over the last 276,000 miles.
The only thing on the road that is slower are 80 series Land Cruisers and VW busses (and possibly loaded gravel trucks and cement mixers).

I got to check out one of the 2016s the other day, an industry cohort just got his, he tossed me the keys to take a look.

Exterior is, well, ok. It is kind of a mixed bag. I like the bed, looks really cool and well thought out. The front end, well, I like the older bodystyle better, especially the 2012+.
The interior, holy crap it is nice. Makes my 2010 look really dated and has me realizing how many neat features it is missing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#33]
So how about an update? I'm looking hard at 2016 Tacoma's. If I get one, it will be a TRD Offroad in a regular bed (6'). How do you like it so far?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Caduckgunner,  bm3 will be along any minute, but when I went shooting with him a few weekends ago, I was impressed with the Taco.  It makes the older tacos look dated.

It even comes with the bolt face logo looking wheels.  If your still on the fence on picking one up, I say get one....
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So how about an update? I'm looking hard at 2016 Tacoma's. If I get one, it will be a TRD Offroad in a regular bed (6'). How do you like it so far?
View Quote

I love it but I have a transmission issue because the fluid level was 3qts low from the factory ( built in Texas )and I put 6k miles on it like that
I might have to get a new torque converter and trans now.  
If you get one make sure all the fluid levels are full.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I love it but I have a transmission issue because the fluid level was 3qts low from the factory ( built in Texas )and I put 6k miles on it like that

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, that sucks. What is your opinion of the stupid low seating position on long drives? I've only done a local test drive, but that was one of the things I couldn't stand on my old 04 double cab Taco. I felt like I was sitting in a car.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I bought my Dakota back in 03, all the tranny lines were on just finger tight from the factory. It also happened to be raining that week so I didn't notice all my tranny fluid spraying all over the place, ended up getting a brand new transmission with 150 miles on the truck Truck has been great otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I got the truck back and it runs great , at this time no trans needed.  

Fuel mileage is back up with tons of power.  

The seat is far better than the last model.  I'm 5/10 so it fits me well.

I do wish it had the 7 way power seat tho.  

Just a FYI for the guys in the bay area , Livermore Toyota has the best shop in the area and it's non union.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#39]
I really like your new ride and have always been a fan of the Toy Taco.  But what is up with that front end?  Only a mother could love that and the land-shark looking front end on the latest re-iteration of the 4Runner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top