Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2015 6:42:54 PM EDT
I was told by my dad just now. He goes almost every day and was told almost immediately. It seems it is because a not very nearby church found bullets in their parking lot.

Never mind that in addition to being there first (doesn't matter I know) the range and the church have shared this proximity for about 20 years, as has the neighborhood directly next to the church campus without complaint.

Until today, when they complained that the sounds of the gunfire was interrupting their sermons, and wouldn't you know it, just by chance, as if a miracle had been brought in answer to their prayers, a bullet (possibly unfired) or casing was found in the parking lot. AMEN!

Pic 1
Pic 2

I just thought everyone would want to know

Mods: I used my own personal hosting, I don't have a huge post history, and I am not even sure if I have ever posted in Hometown. If I screwed this up, please be gentle.

edited to make picture links
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Bull shit , my office is closer to that range than that church .

I have never heard any gun fire . This is absolute bull shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
My understanding is that they found some bullet at the top of the hill. While that doesnt prove a range bullet ended up in the parking lot, it does lend a lot of credibility to the possibility that bullets are not staying where they should...ie...on the range and backstop.

Assuming that the bullet findings on the top of the hill are in deed true, its probably best to address it now regardless of what the church has said.

Yes, this impacts me. I shot pistol as well as did the rimfire competitions. Not entirely thrillld by that, but if it means we get a better setup to control errant (bullets (dumbass shooters), then ultimately its a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullets skipping out of the range is quite common.  That is why the NRA Range Manual calls for such a LARGE fan tail (impact zone).

Now, if the bullets are truly unfired (no rifling grooves), someone is perpetrating a fraud.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
If you went to that range you would see it's a false flag event.  

I go there during the week when I'm slow or between jobs and there is
No way unless you shoot damn near straight up and even then I doubt it based
On the location of the church.

You have better odds of hitting a car on hwy 4.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh man, I shoot USPSA matches there. It'll take a lot more than just an alleged bullet found in the vicinity of the church to close that range. A similar thing happened to a range up north in Ukiah. Almost the same situation-the range was there first, then homes started getting built around it. Then one day, a bullet was found in someone's swimming pool-casing and all-go figure. The range still operates to this day.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, forgot to mention, my understanding is the trap and skeet ranges are still open, its only the pistol rifle stuff thats closed. I'm not sure if its only the public side, or if the members range is closed as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:17:50 AM EDT
[#7]
There used to be a good shooting range way out in the middle of nowhere = foothills of Azusa. The only thing nearby was a rock quarry, besides cactus/chaparral. Then urban sprawl/developers started to build closer and closer to the range and the "complaints" started. They closed the range a few years ago. It had been there at least 30 years+ before any of the new homes/condos.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There used to be a good shooting range way out in the middle of nowhere = foothills of Azusa. The only thing nearby was a rock quarry, besides cactus/chaparral. Then urban sprawl/developers started to build closer and closer to the range and the "complaints" started. They closed the range a few years ago. It had been there at least 30 years+ before any of the new homes/condos.
View Quote

Unfortunately it's the same with gun ranges, race track or airports/airfields.  People know the range or track has been there for years but still move near it them complain about the noise whether they can really hear it or not. They figure if they complain enough they can get it closed down and sadly california is more than happy to oblige when it comes to icky guns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top