Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 1:57:18 PM EDT
I hear conflicting views on whether Nevada recognizes non-resident Arizona CCW's.

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks,  Tom
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably be better off asking the fine folks over in the Arizona or Nevada HTF.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hear conflicting views on whether Nevada recognizes non-resident Arizona CCW's.

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks,  Tom
View Quote

According to the map a non-resident AZ permit is gtg in Nevada. http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
You could just drive over to the closest county in NV and get a non-resident permit.  Or are you quite a ways out?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#4]
You can always just open carry as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can always just open carry as well.
View Quote

In AZ it's usually acceptable, subject to their statutory restrictions.  but I'm pretty sure it's frowned on in most places in NV.

My impression, but IIRC, forbidden in places that have gambling, and since a hell of a lot of places have a few slot machines, that knocks them out.  (Markets, gas stations, drug stores, restaurants, etc)

The Nevada HTF is the place to get the latest and greatest.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys,

I'm going with the AZ permit after reading about SB 175 and AB 488 of the 2015 Legislative session That allows the AZ permit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Straight from the horses mouth. Print it out and keep it with you if u run into a dumbass cop. I do everyday but they are my coworkers from east coast pd's

http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgov/content/Resources/2015%20Revised%20Recognition%20list_20130623%2029%20june%2015.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top