Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2015 5:48:20 PM EDT
Going on TDY there this weekend Friday thru Monday.  Just curious if you guys know of any good places to eat/drink?  

I have my own ride so transportation is no issue.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
March Reserve Base main gate is just a couple miles south of the usual eateries. Applebies, Mimi's, BJ Brewery, Olive Garden, Chipotle, etc.

If you like salads and sandwiches I like Jason's Deli, there's also Portillo's for burgers and dogs. If you want a home style meal restaurant, Polly's Pies is in the same area.

If you like Thai, Rice and Spice is a real good hole in the wall place on Alessandro.

More choices about fifteen miles west near the Galleria mall at the 91 and Tyler. About ten miles west is the Riverside Plaza at Central and Riverside Dr.

Paul can probably fill you in on the specifics.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotcha, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Find and harass Paul

Check out the Air Museum on the west side of the base at 215 and Van Buren.  That will kill a few hours.  A little further south is the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris.  Mostly electrical railway stuff, trolley cars, electric motives, a few diesels and a few steam engines.  Have no idea what they might be running.

About 2 hours south is San Diego, even if for no other reason than it will probably about 15 degrees cooler, it's worth a trip.  Zoo and museums in Balboa Park, The Model RR museum is probably one of, if not the best, in the country.  Down on the bay - The USS Midway, and the Maritime Museum.  At the end of Point Loma is the Cabrillo National Monument overlooking the bay, NAS North Island and the Sub Base..  That might be another 5 degrees cooler up there.

The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway takes you almost to the top of Mt San Jacinto.

It's gonna be damn freaking hot.  In the winter there are a lot of interesting places in the desert.  Ain't nothing interesting enough to go out in the desert if you don't have to right now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok I have checked in at the March Inn.  

Got hungry and am now at Rice & Spice.

Wish me luck...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wish me luck...
View Quote

I think you'll like it.

If you really like Thai food, the two best restaurants I've found in Riverside are...

Best Thai 1735 Spruce St. “F” Riverside, CA 92507

Bann Thai 3203 Mission Inn Ave. Riverside, CA 92507

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think you'll like it.

If you really like Thai food, the two best restaurants I've found in Riverside are...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish me luck...

I think you'll like it.

It was OK.  Their Yellow Curry sucked.  Price was fair.  Ate some and decided to go get second dinner.

Went to Portillos for a good chili dog and a beer.

Stopped and picked up a six pack for the room.

Just walked over to Sallys Alley on post and am drinking a double of Jack neat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top