Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2015 11:52:37 AM EDT
As of right now, if I'm reading it correctly, everything on the roster is set to expire on 1/1/2016.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
As of right now, if I'm reading it correctly, everything on the roster is set to expire on 1/1/2016.
View Quote

That's normal, they have to be renewed every year.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Is micro stamping only for new models?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is micro stamping only for new models?
View Quote

Correct, or any model that has been changed slightly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
No one seems to really know what the hell is going on, not even at gun shops. I can't find a straight answer anywhere online. I think microstamping comes into play next year...if that is the case, there's pretty much no new semi-auto pistols available after 01-01-16. I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No one seems to really know what the hell is going on, not even at gun shops. I can't find a straight answer anywhere online. I think microstamping comes into play next year...if that is the case, there's pretty much no new semi-auto pistols available after 01-01-16. I hope I'm wrong.
View Quote

The Micro stamping requirement started in early 2013, I believe no "new" handgun has been added since.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, I'm wondering if anyone knows when the renewals typically happen.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Renewals have been changed to happen on the 1st of the year. Not a second before. I makes it real difficult to know what will be on the roster for shops, since there is no way of knowing if they will be renewed until they are.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Renewals have been changed to happen on the 1st of the year. Not a second before. I makes it real difficult to know what will be on the roster for shops, since there is no way of knowing if they will be renewed until they are.
View Quote

Thank you, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Not the answer I was hoping for though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top