Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2015 8:16:56 AM EDT
So I just got orders to go to Ft. Irwin for the next two to three years. What do I need to know? I've heard there is a range on post anyone have experience with it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Do not speed.  The MPs get bored easily.

I have been on FOBs with more amenities.  None of the stuff there is bad, it is just spartan.

Keep the dependents out of the outlet center, south of Barstow.  $$$

Drink water.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to be an O/C so my time off will be limited. From reading the links elsewbere in the forum it looks like I'll be leaving a lot of my toys out of state.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
As mentioned, the road from the 15 fwy to Fort Irwin is pretty dangerous, a lot of people have died on that road. I'm sure a lot of those people were drunk and heading back to base but still be careful. There is a lot of BLM land to use for target shooting and also an area off of Hodge rd. between Barstow & Victorville off the 15 fwy. I personally would rather go find my own area to shoot rather than go to Hodge rd. but you have both options.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top