Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2015 9:25:01 AM EDT

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
My poor dag has been hiding under my desk all morning.
Her and thunderstorms do not get along.

Cannot remember the last time I saw early AM storms like this. They would be cool if it weren't for the fact that I just washed my truck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cannot remember the last time I saw early AM storms like this. They would be cool if it weren't for the fact that I just washed my truck.

View Quote

Raining on someone's parade is not just a metaphor!

There was a good early morning thunderstorm the day of the Pride parade when I was living in Hillcrest, probably 1987.  One boom set off every car alarm in the neighborhood.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The parade should be starting right now, and I'm getting hella downpour at my house.

ETA this helps justify the 100 square feet of sweet corn I planted last Sunday.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just washed your truck? Thanks for doing the rain dance for us, buddy!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we need to arrange for a lot more parades.  (One of my Gay buddies agrees.)
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
We got to Belmont Park yesterday afternoon just as the rain started dying down.  As we were leaving a few hours later, I saw a buddy and his family pull up. He said they had been there earlier in the day but they closed the beach because of the lightning.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
It started raining about 2:00 this afternoon and hasn't stopped.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought I saw online somewhere a crazy pic taken from Hotel Del Coronado of a lightning bolt hitting a palm tree?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't realize how many of you guys are locals.

Did anyone go to the get together thing? I didn't see it listed until after the event. I'm not in HT much.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought I saw online somewhere a crazy pic taken from Hotel Del Coronado of a lightning bolt hitting a palm tree?
View Quote

This last "storm"  more or less hugged the coastline in many areas and there were lightning strikes  both to the water and near or on the beaches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top